“c'mon people, its on the beach!”

Sanibel Island Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Prospect, KY
“c'mon people, its on the beach!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have stayed at this location many times and am getting ready to return next month. I realize I have never written a review. Obviously I like it since I am going back again! Sharon, Jesus, Bobbi, Peggy, and their teams are great. Richard keeps the grounds wonderfully groomed... take the time to walk around the property and just observe the number of species present, the way they are properly pruned and trimmed, etc. The blooms are gorgeous and the beauty is appreciated. Heck, even the parking lot is kept very clean! The pool is small, but very clean. There are tennis courts, ping pong, and other games for folks as well as the afore-mentioned hammocks. Plenty of (provided) lounge chairs on the beach, available towels, etc. The hotel is renovating/upgrading and now has flat screen tv's and wifi (YAY). My only complaint would be the comfort of some of the mattresses I have slept on there. Hopefully the older ones have been replaced. I do wish there was a fitness center for rainy days. Otherwise, the beach is just waiting to be walked, with great sand, shells, views in either direction. Pricing is good for a beach-front location. Its easy to get around the island via the "back roads" and avoid Periwinkle Way traffic. I really love this place and cannot wait to get back and see everyone soon. They have taken very good care of me thru the years!

Room Tip: no elevator; two story building.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank PenrynC
SanibelSlim, Director of Sales at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Wow, this is preaching to the choir for me! Thanks for your review. I like your priorities: the BEACH, it takes you into another world with nature. The staff is experienced with some very long term folks, imagine coming to work here most days, not at all bad. You "get" Sanibel, love your comments!
danny.adams@att.net

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Pa
Reviewed 16 February 2012

On our road trip to florida we stopped at Sanibel Island to see the seashell beach and stayed at the Holiday Inn. First don't pay extra for a beachfront room really not that close the pool and grassy area was in between so I would stay in a cheaper room cause it is quite pricey toward the places we stayed in other beachront rooms in Florida. Over all the hotel was clean and not far to the beach. Nice pool but not heated and pool bar was okay. Next time we would stay in Ft. Meyers and drive over for shells. Kinda disappointed in the whole area .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jes317
Thanks for staying with us! Hoped you would have enjoyed the island a little more, but we appreciate your comments and giving us a chance.
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My favorite thing about this hotel is that it is right on the beach! I'm from central North Carolina so it was nice to have such easy access to it. Not only that, it also has a pool right off the beach. The rooms are comfortable and the service is excellent! The food in the cafe is great and the servers are very polite.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Christian R
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Overall my stay at this hotel was positive. The room was clean and big enough.The grounds were nicely landscaped. My only negative note was one of the front desk staff. My husband and I had some trouble finding the hotel and called the front desk to get some help. It turns out we were right next door, but there were no signs on the side of the hotel so we couldn't identify it easily. When I went to the front desk to check in, the lady at the front desk (named Claudia) was polite, but just had a snide smirkiness that I found off-putting. Other than that the staff was very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sorry you had trouble finding us. The city of Sanibel restricts us to only one sign in the front and not very large. In fact the island does not have billboards, neon signs, or any traffic lights! Thank you for your comments and thanks for staying with us!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Rooms are dated and bathroom is small. However everything was very clean and the beds/pillows were very comfortable which cancelled out our extremley loud air conditioner. The staff was courteous. The pool was dated but clean. I thought this hotel was pricey for what it offered, but it was oceanfront which appealed to us. It was satisfactory, but I wouldn't stay here again. Courtney's is the restaurant attached to the property. They offer a breakfast for $5.95. The decor and the atmosphere is strange, but the breakfast was very good for what we paid. Our waitress was great and very kind.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
#8 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,271 reviews

Been to Sanibel Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!