All reviews room efficiency full kitchen tropical winds nice pool sister property the ritz mini fridge rent bikes coffee maker bike path sanibel and captiva heated pool beach towels spring break loft motel cottage
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

It was just a lucky pick as the Anchor Inn had a cancellation! Can't beat the rates...the setting...proximity to the beach access...restaurants...and not to mention the couple who manages the Inn. My vehicle broke down and they were very accommodating and did what they could to help easy my stress. The grounds are clean, well maintained, and not dated. I will be back possibly to use one of there A-frames!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for leaving us your review!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

So pleasantly surprised with this super clean,quaint one room efficiency. The staff (Pat) and I think Mikayla, were so friendly and nice and accommodating to myself and my family. Also gained private beach access and beach/pool amenities to their sister hotel (Tropical Winds Motel and Cottages), where their staff was just as friendly!
I know I kept bothering Pat with questions and advice but she patiently gave me answers to anything that I needed! Beach chairs, umbrella and towels were given to us and there was also accommodations for cleaning seashells which are in abundance on Sanibel Island. There was a small pool, but it was just perfect to hang out and get cooled off, especially after a hot day on the beach.
There were also bike rentals available at the cottage for the over 12 miles of biking trails on the island.
The beaches are beautiful with shells galore. Please take advantage of this scenic paradise and stay at either of these fine establishments!
I would definitely recommend either!

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Glgiles1
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us you review!! It looks like you had a lovely time during your stay with us. We are pleased that the staff was able to accommodate your needs for you during the stay, and you were able to take advantage of our amenities.

We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Everyone was so nice and the rooms were very clean. They gave us beach chairs and beach towels to use at the beach. Bed and bathroom door very squeaky. Other than that, no complaints!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for leaving us your review!! We will be sure to oil the doors to our rooms so the squeaky goes away!!

Please give us a call next time you come to the island and we would love to have you back!!

Sanibel Island FL

Reviewed 17 July 2017

To start off, Anchor Inn is NOT a luxurious hotel, so don't come here expecting luxury. Anchor Inn is a mom-and-pop hotel, and for a mom-and-pop hotel, I give it 5 stars.

My husband, 14 year old daughter, 5 month old Pit Bull puppy, and I stayed in a deluxe studio at the Anchor Inn from July 10th to July 15th. We have also stayed in the past in a deluxe studio and a historic A-frame cottage with our Labrador Retriever (R.I.P.). So far, all of our stays at Anchor Inn have been good. The A-frame in particular had lots of space, but, unfortunately, only had 1 bathroom, which is a hard thing to deal with when you have a teenage daughter. Even though the deluxe studio has less space, it also has 2 bathrooms, which is better for us. The deluxe studio is definitely not a room for 6+ people and people with more than one young child, though,.

As far as pets go, Anchor Inn is a very pet-friendly hotel. They don't have any breed restrictions, which is great for people and families like us with Pit Bulls and other often restricted breeds. For some weird reason, though, Anchor Inn has a 65 lb maximum weight restriction. So while your 80 lb German Shepherd or maybe even your 90 lb Doberman Pinscher could pass as a 65 lb dog (we did it in the past with our 75-80 lb Lab, R.I.P.), your 200 lb Great Dane or English Mastiff will unfortunately NOT pass as a 65 lb dog. I really don't get the weight restrictions of pets that they and so many other hotels have, but at least our Pit Bull is most likely going to stay somewhere under 65 lbs full-grown (we're thinking 50-55 lbs).

Anchor Inn puts a big bone-shaped treat for your dog in your room (I guess this is a new thing, because I don't remember them doing that in the past with our past dog), which our puppy definitely enjoyed, and a list of all of the pet-friendly restaurants in both Sanibel and Captiva. Although, just to let Anchor Inn know, it would be nice if they could update their lists, as Island BBQ is no longer in business.

Anchor Inn may not be located on a beach, but it's located closely to a lot of good beaches, all of which are pet-friendly (although you must have your pet on a leash). It's also located closely to J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, which has lots of beautiful sights to see and is a great place to take pictures of.

Anchor Inn even has cornhole, horseshoes, a nice heated pool, and bike rentals on site (although none of us used the bikes). Their Wi-Fi, which is available in all of their rooms, has gotten noticeably better and faster recently, probably due to people complaining about how slow it is in the past, which it was.

Overall, Anchor Inn & Cottages is a good place to stay in Sanibel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TravelinMadame
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are happy to see that over the years we have made regular "family" guests out of you and your family.
Our pride ourselves in being very pet friendly. For the most part, the size limitations are for our other guests, some guests freak out when they see monster sized pets!! We most definitely wouldn't want to lose someone's business due to size, so reach out to us and we can make recommendations for when it's a good time to stay with us if you have a larger dog. Sorry to see about your older Lab that is no longer with you =(
We will take a look at the lists in the rooms, we didn't realize there were businesses on there that are no longer with us.
We look forward to having your and your family continue to stay with us in the future!!
Sanibel FL

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We never made it to our cottage. My husband was in a serious accident Saturday before leaving to go on vacation, which required him to be hospitalized. I called the Anchor Inn to cancel the reservations and explained to them in detail what was going on and that we would not be able to travel because of the injuries.
They told me that they would try to rebook the cottages so I wouldn't be charged.
Well they rebooked one night and proceeded to hold the other nights open for us, even though we had stated several times that there was no way we could make the trip down there.
I spoke with three different people and I don't know if anyone there knows what the other is doing.
They stated that since they held the other nights for us that they would return $200 to my cc. But that were still going to charge it $266 for those nights they held.

They are crooked and have no clue how to run a business.

I will be sure to tell anyone that will listen about our experience with the anchor Inn, Sanibel Island Florida

1  Thank Irene M
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Anchor Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

I'm sorry to see that your husband was in an accident. However, we do have policies in place for cancellations. That fact that you were refunded a portion of your stay is actually better then what you should of been refunded. Our cancellation policy is very strict as we only have a few rooms. We try our best to resell rooms and sometimes, depending on the situation, if we can resell them, we become flexible on the fees. Up holding our policies does not make us crooked.
Here is our cancellation policy - which is view-able on our website.

Cancellation Policy is stated as such :
30 days or more will result in either a fee equal to your first nights stay or a $150 cancellation fee which ever is less– remainder of your deposit will be refunded within 3 to 5 business days.
Any cancellation request made less then 30 days will result in forfeit of your deposit.