“A taste of Germany”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are family operated restaurant, serving German food fresh from scratch on the base of the own family recipes . Diner hours are 5:00-9:30 Tuesday-Saturday. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I was traveling from WPB ( other side of Florida east coast) for business and found this gem on Trip Advisor. Drove 20 miles to get there and was glad I did. I have been to Germany many times and the quality of food and service here is as if you were in Germany. Even Heinrich himself came out and talked to me for a while. WARNING... the pork shank is big, delicious ,cooked to perfection and can feed 2 with little problems. The German beer selection is magnificent and a liter you must have. Very friendly staff..... no room for dessert. Will I return ......Yes and next time I'm taking Uber and having 3 liters!

1  Thank BrittD

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My husband & I went here on a recommendation of a co worker- awesome! They open at 5 pm- closed Sunday/Monday's. On Jason our servers recommendation my husband got the ham hock with loaded mashed potatoes & red cabbage. I got the pork schnitzel Vienna style with a side of loaded homemade spaetzle & red cabbage. Jason said it takes 24hrs prep for the ham hock. They sell out fast so call ahead to ensure you are fortunate enough to partake in this feast. It's a bit pricey but big so you could feasibly split it for two. The skin is crackling on the outside & the meat inside is moist & so flavorful. This was the first time I had red cabbage & it will be what I judge all red cabbage on hereafter. The loaded spaetzle had cheese & bacon- yum. The schnitzel was crispy & golden brown with a tender center. Nice sized portions so I took leftovers home for my son to enjoy, he was thrilled. Heinrich came around & spoke to all the customers dining there., very personable & proud of the food- rightfully so. We will definitely go again to enjoy the food.

1  Thank Elaine K
Reviewed 9 July 2017

If you're searching for authentic German cuisine in Sarasota, this is where you go to get it. My father in law is German, and he states the beef rouladen here is just like how his family used to make it when he was growing up. The pork shank they offer on the weekends is fantastic and so well cooked, to the perfect tenderness. Everything I've ever ordered here has never disappointed me. The apple strudel is an amazing dessert, and be sure to get it with ice cream! I only come to this place once a year because this place will definitely put a dent in the wallet, but the food is so deliciously rich and worth the money too. The infrequency makes the yearly visit here that much more special. Heinrich himself often comes around to the tables to briefly chat with the customers as well.

1  Thank Duy S
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Every time we come here, we are reminded of the love that is put in everything he cooks!! It's all so good, from the schnitzels to the Frikadeller and the Sauerbraten. Mmmmm, Sauerbraten. Absolutely melts in your mouth! Please, go here and then you will thank me. You're welcome.

1  Thank Phil J
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We had a great time for dinner at Heinrich's grill while we were on vacation in Sarasota. The beer was great and cold and the food was the best German food I've ever eaten. Even my Daughter's kids meal the food was prepared well and was very good. Heinrich was visiting every table while we were there and we found him to be very charming and hospitable. The next time I am in Sarasota I will definitely visit again.

2  Thank FNGUY