“Cute but average.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
JC's Pit Stop Ice Cream Shop
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

This place is very cute and a little quirky with the brightly decorated furniture and kids drawings all over the walls. They had tons of flavors to choose from and plenty of traditional toppings for sundaes. My husband and I got two generous scoops in waffle bowls. The ice cream was average, not as creamy as I thought homemade ice cream should be. The waffle bowls also seemed a little stale. All and all it was not the best ice cream I've had but not the worst.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

My husband and I were served generous and delicious ice cream cones today at JC's Pit Stop Ice Cream Shop. The present owners are a young family that have worked hard to continue the Sarasota tradition of this ice cream shop. We enjoyed scoops of chocolate chip, coffee, and coffee brandy today and we will be sure to return to try some of the other dozens of choices of McClain's homemade ice creams and sorbets. Give this place a try and skip the lines and high prices of some of the chains.
JC's Pit Stop Ice Cream Shop, 2301 Gulf Gate Drive, Sarasota, FL 34241