Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$93
HolidayInn.com
US$119
Hyatt.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota - I75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
Hotel Indigo Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$162
HotelIndigo.com
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$100
Carlisle Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$369
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Sarasota-Siesta Key(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$126
All reviewsfront deskringling museumnear airportyogurtfree breakfasthotel staythe breakfast areadirectly across the streetpull out couchhot tubc unitoutdoor poolbusiness trippleasant stayking bedfitness centerminute drive
Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is a very dated hotel that we used mainly because it was the only one that met our point redemption criteria for Marriott. Very nice staff, clean room, but very outdated. Needs new carpet, furniture, etc. Air conditioner did not work well and the room stayed warm all night.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Al A, General Manager at Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

I wanted to write and introduce myself to you. My name is Al , and I am the General Manager at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Sarasota. I am writing in response to the concerns you directed to us.

First, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to contact us. I also wanted to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay.
Second, I wanted to apologize for not meeting your expectations. When you stay at a SpringHill Suites, there are certain expectations that a guest has, and very well should have.

I am truly sorry that you encountered problems with your AC. At This time I would like to share with you some great exciting news. We will be going under a multi-million dollar renovation starting in April. We are super excited as Marriot partnered up with West Elm as our furniture and accessary design team.

I sincerely hope that your stay with us has not influenced your view towards Marriott. Marriott has worked very hard to get the reputation they have. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

If you are ever in the Bradenton/Sarasota area again, I would love to have you stay with us. If you come back to Bradenton/Sarasota, please call me directly, and I will make your reservation for you.

At your Service,

Al A

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Spent the while in town and had a very pleasant experience. Check in staff was fantastic, all shifts, and rooms were very clean. Don’t really like a tub/shower and try to book where they have showers but it was okay. Breakfast was okay, better than most places. Breakfast staff work very hard keeping everything fresh and filled. Would stop again

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I did receive an email the day prior to arrival telling me I could use the Marriott app to check in, but it was never able to connect to their system and after several attempts I gave up. (I got a similar email to check out and again, it failed to connect to their system.) I wasn't having connection problems otherwise, so there's apparently an issue with the app.

There was no one at the front desk when I arrived. After a few minutes, I spotted a small sign saying the the front desk person was assisting another guest and would return shortly. My wait was about five minutes. Despite being unable to indicate my preference for an early arrival through the app, the front desk person was able to find me a room on the first floor.

I went back to the car to collect my family and our baggage, then re-entered through the front doors. The lobby is pleasant enough, and there's a (very) small retail area with some snacks, drinks and frozen food to the side of the front desk. Plenty of seating for the morning's breakfast, and the area is clean and comfortable.

Anyway, we quickly found our room down the hall, facing the front parking lot. Although the location is directly across the street from the airport, we only heard a few planes and they were not very late or very early so airport noise doesn't seem to be an issue. However, there was noticeable road traffic noise. If that's a problem for you, request a room higher up on the back side of the building and further back from the road. I should also mention that the a/c is an old-fashioned wall unit which runs loudly and constantly, making it more of a background white noise since it's not going on and off all the time. The noise didn't bother me so much as the fact that it was near my side of the bed so I got the cold air blowing on me all night.

As others have mentioned, when you first open the door what hits you is the intense musty odor and humid air. At first, we thought maybe the carpet had just been cleaned - but no; that's just how the rooms smell. The rooms are spacious and reasonably well appointed. The soft goods are outdated and the furniture is simple and has seen better days, but this isn't the Ritz so it was pretty much what was expected. In fact, the high ceilings make it feel larger than it really is, and having the wet bar area (with small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker) is really nice. Unfortunately, that strong musty odor and the humidity give the impression that the room isn't clean. There's a grab-bar in the shower that clearly hadn't had a cleaning by toothbrush in quite awhile, but otherwise there was only one other thing that was blatant evidence that the housekeeping department had been slacking off...

Our daughter pulled out the sofa bed the first night and we tossed her the bag holding the sheets and such for it from the closet. As she unfolded the bed, she/we discovered that someone had vomited on it previously and it had dried into a crusty mess on the underside of the pull-out bed. How gross is that???!!!! It was late, though, it didn't smell, and it wasn't an area that came into contact with the mattress, so we let it go for the night.

The next morning, we stopped by the front desk on our way out and asked if housekeeping could clean while we were gone. They offered us a room across the hall, but we checked it out and it actually smelled MORE musty than the first one! They also offered us a dehumidifier, but we decided to just see what happened if we let the a/c unit run all day. That actually made a significant difference, and the sofa bed had been cleaned by the time we returned.

I really expected this to be a better property than it turned out to be, and it definitely has its faults. Next time I'll try harder to get a decent rate at the Ritz, Hyatt or Wyndham before even looking at this level of property - but if I strike out and I can again score a similar killer rate on this location I'd consider staying there again. Breakfast wasn't the best, but it was something. Good location, lots of space, pleasant staff. Request a de-humidifier and run it while you're out of the room (they're noisy) and turn the a/c up high to handle the humidity and musty smell.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far from the road as possible (and request a dehumidifier while you're at it).
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MyTravelELF
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Well situated hotel, staffed by people who know the area well. I was warmly greeted by the front desk every time I passed through the front doors. The suites are well appointed, comfortable, and clean. I was surprised at how quiet the rooms were even though it is near the airport. I did not hear a plane takeoff or land at all.
I greatly appreciated the 24 hr coffee and tea service. Breakfast looked like a nice spread. I only ate a lite breakfast - coffee and a hot cereal, but others seemed to be enjoying and lingering over it.
The pool and whirlpool are clean and relaxing.
This is not a luxury hotel, but in its class, it is certainly at the top of the class. It is nice to go somewhere with a set of expectations as to what your stay will be, and not be disappointed. The hotel is well maintained and it is obvious that they care about their facility and reputation. Well done!
Traveling is always tiresome, but a hotel like this one eases some of the weariness. I would stay here again, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Self parking available. Great situation near the airport. Excellent breakfast included in price. Nice people. The housekeeping Ana very helpful giving me the right information. The only bad thing was the broken elevator. I hope it get fixed soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple