Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$93
HolidayInn.com
US$119
Hyatt.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota - I75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
Hotel Indigo Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$162
HotelIndigo.com
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$100
Carlisle Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$179
Homewood
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$109
Comfort Suites Sarasota-Siesta Key(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$399
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewstiki bar is greatheated swimming pooltile floorsa great place to stayfree wifineeded a place to staystaying at this hotelrenovated roomtamiami trailvery pleasant stayfridge and microwavesarasota areanice roomwould stay here againenjoyed our stayeasy accessclean rooms
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The Lantern Inn and Suites is a total breath of fresh air. My Cousin's stopped down from Pennsylvania and needed a place to stay. So I called my friend Jimmy (the owner) and said hey man my cousin's need a nice room for a few days. He instantly said no problem Winnie I got you. I already knew that he totally remodeled every room in the Hotel and that they are choice rooms. He accommodated them very nicely and would do that for anyone! There is a Tiki bar with all needs there now and the staff is excellent! I would not endorse the New Lantern Inn if it wasn't a 4-5 star hotel.... Thank you Jimmy... ~Winnie~

Room Tip: A room pool side is #1 but all rooms are nicely remolded.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Winnie_sr
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Older hotel, getting renovated. Staff was very nice. Heather, the bartender was awesome. Great personality! Tiki bar was fun & the pool was nice, refreshing & was a good size. Room had kitchenette with a fridge that was a little smaller than a fridge that you would have at home. Bed & pillows were comfy. Shower had good water pressure. Would stay again. Racetrack gas station was right next door. Publix & target was 5-10 mins away.
Couple things to be mindful of but that didn't bother me were: if you get a room facing the main road, you may hear traffic; if you get a room close too pool/tiki bar, you'll hear people having fun. These things did not bother me nor did they keep me awake. Had a great weekend/experience.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank amaybride
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This place is so much fun and rooms are so clean. The only thing they haven't got yet is the free breakfast. But with the remodeling going on it will come soon. They have games and a heated pool. Our room was right by pool and tiki bar.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank karen s
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Lantern Inn. The rooms were clean and updated. The tiki bar is a very nice touch with beer and wine, and a great place to meet some of the other visitors. We had an opportunity to speak with the owner on a couple of occasions while down there and he really made an impression on us. Friendly, genuine, hard-working. Long term visitors only had good things to say about him and the improvements in the place. Good centralized location to be able to see the sights, even though it's on a main busy road. Nearby there are a couple of local places that were fun for dinner or drinks.

Room Tip: Rooms away from highway are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rogersmama
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We had always stayed at big name chain properties, and this time we took a chance. Everyone on the team loved this hotel. Its one of the best ones in 7 years of being on the travel team! Personally, I loved the tile floors! Its so much cleaner and refreshing. They also have some carpeted rooms but really, why? The tiki bar is right on property and oh so much fun. While we stayed during the weekend, and people definitely partied, it was closed by 11:30 I believe, so the rowdiness was over early.

Some things I noticed: The staff seems happy. I hope I'm not wrong about this, but the staff seems genuinely happy to work there. The grounds keeper seemed to be actually nurturing the plants -- I caught him checking on some new blooms. The housekeeping staff took great pride in the towel decorations they make: in my room elephants :-) And the owner is constantly making upgrades and changes. He seems to really take your comments seriously. It really makes such a difference when everyone takes pride in their work. Really enjoyed our stay.

Tip: the gas station next door actually does have a lot of choices for quick, good food (yes, even healthy choices). They have breakfast sandwiches, and other sandwiches and did I mention the froyo?

There are more upcoming upgrades, and by the time you travel there, they may have breakfast available. Also, since it is family owned they can cater to some things you wouldn't find elsewhere.For instance, he mentioned that once he has breakfast available, we could call ahead and request, say bananas for our young athletes to have pre-game.

This is a must stay hotel, and I highly recommend it not only for team events but just as a getaway.

Room Tip: Make sure to request tile or carpet according to your preference. My room was in the front, but noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends