“Worst Mexican food ever”
Review of La Malinche - CLOSED

La Malinche
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We were hungry for some good tacos when we came across this place. I should have read the reviews. I love good chorizo and tacos. These were the worst taco's I've ever eaten. They served the chorizo in a puree form, which I had to scrape half off the small soft taco shell they provided. Not for me. Great location though

Reviewed 11 January 2017

This restaurant COULD have been an awesome place. IF: prices were more in line with what Americans relate to as "Mexican." IF it would be more family oriented which would draw both both a younger & older clientele. Food was not good. Service was worse. Too bad. The opportunity was there.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch recently. It was more pub and sandwich food and very light on mexican, or tex-mex entrees for lunch. We were looking for tex-mex. Margarita and mojito were OK. Service was leisurely considering we were one of two parties in restaurant. Guacamole was noted as good once it arrived at our table. I don't think we would go again for lunch.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

This is definitely the best restaurant we dined at while in St Armand's. The food is excellent and very well priced. I had the Molcajete Malinche which was by far the best Molcajete I have ever had and my wife had the Chicken Fajita which was very well made and the plates were very plentiful. The service was spot on and the drinks were well made. Very rare to find an authentic mexican restaurant in a touristy local but there it was.

1  Thank Edgar C
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Entrees were pricey and plain. No complimentary chips and salsa. The taco salad did not have any sour creme or guacamole. Was basically a taco shell and lettuce. The enchiladas were cheese or chicken only with no mix or match and it came with only a small portion of plain rice. No refried beans The service was slow even though there were hardly any customers in the restaurant. I asked a waiter if they had craft beer and he said, "What's craft beer?" I rest my case.