“Fun time!”

McCurdy's Comedy Theatre
Ranked #1 of 40 Nightlife in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Nationally touring professional & celebrity stand up comedians weekly shows Wed. thru Sun. with regular host Les McCurdy over 4000 sq ft. state of the art showroom also outer public Green Room holding lounge Established 1988 the new facility is the newest comedy theatre in America the zip code is 34236 three parking garages within two blocks
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The place isn’t fancy, the tables are tiny and the drinks and food are mediocre but we had a great time and laughed ourselves to tears. I loved all the comedians and even the owner was hysterical. Will definitely be going back. Perfect night with good restaurants nearby for pre or post event dining and drinks.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"black diamond"
"outer bar"
in 2 reviews
"short walk from main street"
"intimate room"
in 23 reviews
"comic"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Our first visit to McCurdy's was to a see the Drew Hastings. The prices were reasonable and the staff was willing to switch my Fri tickets to Sat at the last minute - which was very much appreciated. I also liked the online ordering process where you can choose your seat. McCurdy's is a short walk from Main street - but we ended up using their Valet service, very fast and efficient. There is an outer bar (Green room) where you can get a drink and wait for the show - we did not stop in as we were running late. There is a notice that inside the theater there is a two drink minimum per person and the green room does not count towards that quota. The seating is spaced out - we didn't feel we were on top of anyone. The service inside was unobtrusive - I ordered bottled water, my spouse beer. I didn't hit the two drink minimum, so the waitress offered to bring me another bottled water unopened so I could take it to go - appreciated that gesture as well. Drew was wonderful of course, and this made for a nice night out in Sarasota.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Our first visit to McCurdy's was to a see the Black Diamond Burlesque 7th Anniversary show. The prices were reasonable for what turned out to be a really good performance. McCurdy's is well placed only a short walk from Main street where we have visited many times. We ordered our tickets (Selecting our seats) online and claimed the tickets at will call. There is an outer bar (Green room) where you can get a drink and wait for the show but be forewarned they require that you buy two items once inside the theatre. This seemed a bit odd and I'm not sure how they enforce it. They bring food and drinks to your seats, not a bad menu. We will likely go back but only for something special.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

After a killer work- week, Friday night at McCurdy's sounded good because we all needed to forget about the workplace(s) and welcome in the weekend with a laugh.

First on stage was Les McCurdy, who got the laughter going. We can always depend on him to get the audience in gear. Then we saw Geno, The Garbage Man; a McCurdy's graduate (by the way.) He is a fantastic local comedian whose humor is worthy of the stage. If you can catch him at any venue, his routine is wonderful. So glad we saw him.

April Macy was the headliner; a very funny comic. She got the place roaring with laughter but there was also some discomfort in the audience due to the nature of her sexually explicit topics.

A word to the wise: if you are not familiar with the comedy of the headliner, check it out before going to the comedy club. You know what I'm saying? Of course you do.

One more thing: there is a two item minimum per person at the table! Drinks are good; food is so-so.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2017

4.0 star rating 7/23/2017
Saturday night and the place is full. Not packed, but every seat filled. Not crowded but comfortable. Attentive waitstaff. 2 item ( drink or food) purchase minimum per person. Not overpriced at all. A couple of beers will set you back $10 plus tax and tip. So. you get entertained by a couple of comedians and McCurdy, for about an hour and a half or so and you have a fun evening out for not too much. I've been a few times and always seem to enjoy myself. Sometimes more than others, but always have a good time. Service is efficient, I usually just get some beers so I can't comment on the food.
Went with a couple of friends this weekend, and had one of the taller tables at the back. I like to sit up front at the regular tables. The taller tables and chairs are a little uncomfortable for me. Other than that, a good time was had by all.
We'll come back.