“Drag Queen Bingo”

McCurdy's Comedy Theatre
Ranked #1 of 40 Nightlife in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Nationally touring professional & celebrity stand up comedians weekly shows Wed. thru Sun. with regular host Les McCurdy over 4000 sq ft. state of the art showroom also outer public Green Room holding lounge Established 1988 the new facility is the newest comedy theatre in America the zip code is 34236 three parking garages within two blocks
Reviewed 22 January 2018

If you like vulgarity this is for you!!! It was just toooooo dirty for me. Using MF every other word is just a show of ignorance and disrespect!!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"black diamond"
"outer bar"
in 2 reviews
"short walk from main street"
"intimate room"
in 23 reviews
"comic"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The staff was very friendly and the food and drinks were amazing! There isn't a bad seat in the house!

1  Thank Arlinda78
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The place isn’t fancy, the tables are tiny and the drinks and food are mediocre but we had a great time and laughed ourselves to tears. I loved all the comedians and even the owner was hysterical. Will definitely be going back. Perfect night with good restaurants nearby for pre or post event dining and drinks.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Our first visit to McCurdy's was to a see the Drew Hastings. The prices were reasonable and the staff was willing to switch my Fri tickets to Sat at the last minute - which was very much appreciated. I also liked the online ordering process where you can choose your seat. McCurdy's is a short walk from Main street - but we ended up using their Valet service, very fast and efficient. There is an outer bar (Green room) where you can get a drink and wait for the show - we did not stop in as we were running late. There is a notice that inside the theater there is a two drink minimum per person and the green room does not count towards that quota. The seating is spaced out - we didn't feel we were on top of anyone. The service inside was unobtrusive - I ordered bottled water, my spouse beer. I didn't hit the two drink minimum, so the waitress offered to bring me another bottled water unopened so I could take it to go - appreciated that gesture as well. Drew was wonderful of course, and this made for a nice night out in Sarasota.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Our first visit to McCurdy's was to a see the Black Diamond Burlesque 7th Anniversary show. The prices were reasonable for what turned out to be a really good performance. McCurdy's is well placed only a short walk from Main street where we have visited many times. We ordered our tickets (Selecting our seats) online and claimed the tickets at will call. There is an outer bar (Green room) where you can get a drink and wait for the show but be forewarned they require that you buy two items once inside the theatre. This seemed a bit odd and I'm not sure how they enforce it. They bring food and drinks to your seats, not a bad menu. We will likely go back but only for something special.