“Awful Entrees- DECENT PIZZA”
Review of Taste of Italy - CLOSED

Taste of Italy
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Pizza place, that is all it is.
I ordered a chicken dish which was suppose to have tomato, broccoli and garlic? with a side salad. It was disgusting! chopped up old chicken cutlets, perhaps boiled??? with ragu tomato sauce thrown on top. If I order a chicken cutlet, it should not be chopped up. it looked like scraps. not even cut with a knife. the salad was edible. It doesn't even come with pasta. I ordered a side of pasta, this had the broccoli and a jar of sauce thrown on top. very strange. this restaurant is in St. Armand's Circle, the best places are here. How this TASTE of ITALY sits next to them is questionable. I really was frightened to eat my entrees, I didn't touch the chicken dish for fear of food poisoning and ruining my trip.
I ordered a pizza pie, this was the only thing that I could say was decent. It looked like a pre-made dough??? it's fine.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Fast and very friendly service. This restaurant is located near St Armands circle. We ordered a Deluxe pizza and enjoyed it so much we came back a second time! Added bonus is the crust is handmade daily. Yum! Side note, by-the-slice opens are really available in 8 different flavor combos.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Absolutely no relation to real pizza. Grumpy guy making the pies that night. We had our pizza delivered as there is little parking and one of us ran in to place the order. But the order was wrong--no mushrooms. On a 14" pie there were 6 pepperoni slices. Seriously. Probably one tablespoon of sauce. $25.00. The slices flopped downward when picked up and the toppings, what there were, fell off onto the floor! The oil/grease. Oily/greasy.. And they had salted it! Life is too short to eat this awful pizza. Try elsewhere.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank ageingwell
Donnie E, Director of Sales at Taste of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

How would you know it was a grumpy old guy if you say that you ordered delivery that makes no sense

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy, basically your pizza restaurant that serves subs and entrees as well. Good portions, fair prices. Food is very tasty as well. Conveniently located in St. Armand's Circle. Good for take out as well.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Ordered cheesy bread and pizza for pick up. Took about 25 minutes but they were super attentive when we arrived and took care of us quickly.

The pizza was good but we loved the cheesy bread. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: January 2017