“Authentic German & Addictive!”

Geier's Sausage Kitchen
Ranked #110 of 1,179 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Deli
Description: We are a locally owned and family operated old world style meat market and deli where we produce over 100 different homemade kinds of salamis, hams, lunchmeats, and sausages. We also have fresh bread from a local Bavarian bakery and bread that we bake every morning from Europe. Even though we are not a resturant we make a variety of lunch/dinner options for take out that including anything from a cold sandwich to traditional German meals. We have imports from all over Eurpope that often make us unique to other stores here in Sarasota. We have a wide variety of meats, cheeses, and wines/beer that help complete any dinner or event. We do catering events, for example, Oktoberfest, special events, and more. We offer many items to ship from our store right to your house.
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My family was in the meat business for many years and my father-in-law was from East Prussia so the standards for German food in our house was very high. I have been faked out by some places who have the symbols of Germany in their window and ads, but these guys really get it and what they turn out of this small market is beyond belief. My favorite meat is a ham whose direct translation is "barn ham" but goes under the German title of bierenshanken(SP?). This is so good, I buy several pounds every time i shop here and freeze all but one pound that we eat right away and then pull out the other one pound at a time. Plum kuchen, beinenschtict, marinated herring, sausages, and candies with that indelible stamp of quality abound in this place and I dare you to taste their hot dogs and bratwurst and not come back for more. I love this place and wish it were not so far away from my home, but whenever i make the 1.5 hr trip to this area, be assured, Geiers is on my dance card!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great store with awesome food and the staff is super friendly! The selection is vast and make sure to eat a fresh baked "Brötchen"!

Will come back soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is the place for those longing for tastes from Germany. I found Matjes Herring and Whole Anchovies packed by Klädes Holmen in Sweden. Tough to find. I love these on sourdough rye bread. The selection of German foods and sausages is very large, some of the very authentic tasting ones are made in their kitchen.
I drive from Tampa occasionally to shop there.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

HUGE selection of deli meats,sausages,hotdogs,Steaks and more. Old style German deli with steam table for lunch.
They also custom make all sandwiches to your liking. Great selection on German beers as well.

1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

While many patrons were ordering sandwiches and bratwurst to go, we purchased lunch meat and rolls for home. The Brötchen and Kaiser Rolls were like those we had in Germany and Austria respectively. We purchased a ring bologna and went back two days later and bought two more! Tasted like the Fleischwurst we had in Bavaria. My German mother went crazy with the assortment of sauce mixes that she uses for cooking. They had a huge selection of cakes (the Pflaumenkuchen was very good) and chocolate. A little pricey but the alternative is to travel to Germany with an empty suitcase to bring back what you want. Um, we'll just head to Geier's!