“Yummy”

Ranked #84 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our Promise: "To give every customer top quality food with good and friendly service for very reasonable prices."
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in today. They advertise belgium waffles and that is what we had. Mine with pecans and my husband’s plain. They have a machine that turns out fresh. OJ. Yummy food and great service.

Trisha J, Guest Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for coming in and we're glad you enjoyed everything!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We opted to try a local place for breakfast, as opposed to Ihop or Cracker Barrel. Mistake. Very friendly staff and great service. Place is old, dingy, a bit dirty (Stained ceilings, dirty silverware and glasses, etc). Place is packed so we thought it must be great. Pancakes were cold and rubbery. Syrup is ice cold. Eggs were dry. Waffles were okay and french toast was good. Next time will stick to something else. Not good.

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear the experience wasn't a good one. We have been serving customers since 1972 and in the same building since 1979 so there are always things that can be improved, updated but most imprtantly, we want our customers to leave happy. If you will let your server or a manager know that you are unhappy, we will get it fixed right away! We do hope you'll consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Had to try this place out, local to the hotel I stayed in. Real old school American service with staff constantly on the move. Has to be the best pancakes I have ever had and prices were OK. Meals were large and the coffee kept coming.... I would highly recommend

Reviewed 22 December 2017

This has good casual home fare cooking. I had a half of a Cuban sandwich with a side salad. The waitress asked if I would like some beans on the salad. I said yes and when it came it had chickpeas and beets amongst other goodies. My husband had the Greek Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) He said it was very good. I had a bite and noticed they used fresh spinach and the phyllo dough was very tasty.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Staff were friendly, helpful, and responsive. We went on a Monday night when most restaurants in Sarasota are closed. They were out of the Monday night special my husband ordered. The food were ordered was flavorless.

Trisha J, Public Relations Manager at Dutch Valley Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for the feedback, it only helps make us better! We purposely do not put a lot of salt or spices into our dishes but you can always ask for them to "spice it up." We do hope we can serve you again soon.
The staff at Dutch Valley