Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Satellite Beach
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The rooms are inexpensive for a reason. Because of the location you'd think it would be a little nicer. Really needs some updates and a good cleaning. Staff was friendly. Pool looked clean. Has volleyball and shuffleboard.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Not a beach access hotel, yes it is across from the ocean, but you can't access the ocean because the condos in front do not allow it!
Lobby stinks! Not a good first impression! Rooms smell and you can hear therrough the walls! Our "neighbor" next door snored all night and kept us up! And the room above us had a dog barking all night!
Bathroom corners are crusted with grime and the sink is rusted.
The pictures on the website do not give justice to the condition of the hotel.
Highly disappointed! Unfortunately my son and I could not leave and stay elsewhere - should have slept in our car!
If I could rate this place a "zero" I would, it does not deserve one star-rating!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I am familiar with this motel as we spent two and a half weeks here on vacation,when our teenagers were little. I loved it back then,but I was in for some surprising changes! The first time,I went there,they had a big ice machine,where you could help yourself to ice. Now you must go to the office to get ice and you are given a baggy like bag half full of ice which was not enough for our family of four to fix a cold drink apiece! Plus ,it was limited to one bag a room,per day! At least that's what the desk clerk on duty told my 17 year old. Inconvient as heck! We ended up buying a big bag of ice !
Like the first time I was there,they had a refrigerator in the room,but now the dorm type refrigerator had no freezer in it,so forget getting any ice cream or anything you need a freezer compartment for! Really inconvenient. I really hope they get the refrigerators with freezer compartments back!
Now laundry! Last trip, that I was here ,they had a washer and dryer on the bottom floor patio in back,but I couldn't find it. I went and asked and was told that," Yes we have a laundry. It's upstairs! Well,I am handicapped and there is no elevator just concrete steep steps that you must climb to get to the second floor. Bad enough,if your room is up there,but dangerous, if you're carrying abasket or bag of clothes to wash( or bringing the clean ones back down),but moreover, this is unacceptable for the elderly and the handicapped! I ended up going to a coin laundry in Melbourne!
Management,please reconsider this and the ice machine decision!
The ads say that you can relax in the heated outdoor hot tub spa! Last time we were there we did and it was heavenly! This time,the hot tub was covered by a tarp with orange street cones set all around it! Folks,if you pay for a motel that advertises a hot tub,you expect a hot tub! Please remove it from your advertising or fix it or at least discount your.prices until it is fixed.
The pool was very clean and heated and in wonderful shape. It was perfect!
The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. There weren't any bugs or problems with the TV or air conditioner. I really enjoyed those comfortable beds! The motel advertises free WiFi! Forget it! It is either too weak to use or it's broken.The desk clerk promised to fix it,but it never worked, the whole time we were here,so don't expect it to function, especially if you need to do business on the internet! There went my data!
They do have a free Continental( no hot food) breakfast,just like they used too. It's two types of muffins( banana nut and blueberry). English muffins and toast and one day they had bagels. The coffee is good in the lobby. They have a few tables,so you can eat breakfast in the lobby. They had butter, and jelly,but where was the flavored cream cheese for the bagels that the used to have? We really missed it! They had raison bran,frosted flakes , Cheerios and fruit loops cereal and small styrofoam bowls to put it in. Milk was kept in gallon jugs.in the refrigerator. There were fresh apples daily as well as a juice machine where you could get tasty,cold apple juice or orange juice. Overall,I couldn't complain qabout the free breakfast,just wish they'd had cream cheese like they had before!
I probably will be back.The folks are nice. The pool is clean and heated. They are near the beach and convenient to Cocoa Beach, Melbourne and Orlando. The rooms are clean and.the beds ar comfortable and you feel safe here. It is quiet. Just ease put you laundry back on first floor. Put an ice machine back outside,even if you have to charge for the ice! Ease fix the hot tub! After a several hundred mile trip,you want to relax in a hot tub! And one more thing,ease have WiFi and vnding machines that actually work. I would have given you five stars except.for those items that need correcting and I definitely would love to come back one day!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

There was a lovely green bar of soap in the room. And that is the only positive thing I have to say about this place.
Carpet is black, but it wasn't always. Furniture is nasty. There was more hair on the hair dryer than a hamster. Spa is not working. Pool has zero privacy from the main road. Minimal pool furnishings and it is tied up so you can't bring the chairs together. People brought glass beer bottles to the pool. The biggest silver fish I have ever seen was in the bathroom. I wasn't about to eat there. The TV was ancient. BUT.. the A/C worked great!

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels are cleaner, newer, quieter, nicer etc...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gotnoworrys
MANNIE B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear guest,
Thanks for your review and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
As I was going through all comments from the past guests, I did not find any notes about your disappointment. I guess you did not come to the front desk to discuss your issues.
I would still like to request you to get back to me at mannie.abvi@gmail.com to please let me know your room number so that I can correct the issues for future guests.
Sincerely
Mannie Bhar
Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Do not go here. Rooms smelled like a dead body was in there. Bugs. Mold im bathroom...People live there....looked like druggies...definately NOT what pictures make you think!!!!! Staff and management extremely rude! And would not refund our! money

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Suburban Extended Stay
#19 of 22 in Melbourne
9.3 km away
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne? Share your experiences!