“A nice beachfront property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Crescent Tower Beachfront
Bronxville, New York
“A nice beachfront property”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The beachfront studio apartments are the best rooms at this hotel/condo. Each unit is individually owned, so the decor varies from unit to unit, but they are keep very clean and comfortable. We slept with the sliding door open each night and could listen to the ocean. There is laundry on site, which is helpful, as well as parking for each unit. You can't beat the location of this property--the view is amazing and it is generally quiet.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brigantine, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Staff was pleasent and helpful, room was very clean, the view was perfect!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The last three years I have vacationed, I stayed at Crescent Towers. I have never been disappointed. The accommodations are wonderful, the rooms are beautiful and clean. The views are awesome, as is the beach. The staff is warm, friendly, caring and accommodating. There is a lot to do in the immediate area. I plan to return for many years to come. In fact I can't wait till my next vacation!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank phyllis b
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 November 2011

After spending a week at Crescent Towers these are my thoughts. The location is beautiful and the living spaces are adequate but from speaking to people who have been going there for any number of years I was told that the accommodations are a crap shoot. It seems there is no set rule as to how the individual living units are equipped. Some have all the bells and whistles while others look like the owners are simply trying to take a profit from the rentals without upgrading or simply doing routine maintenance and our unit definitely showed signs of wear and tear. The mattress in our unit had a hump in the middle and we felt as if we were sleeping on the side of a slope wondering if one of us was going to roll off onto the floor during the night. If you enjoy cooking and the owner of the unit you are renting does not be prepared to go out and buy such luxuries as, pot holders, wooden cutting boards and knives that actually cut. We spoke to one lady who was renting and she informed us that she always brings along many of her own utensils. We noticed that a few of the kitchen cupboards had locks on them so I assume that is where all the good stuff is located and unavailable to the general public. A nice homey touch. Upon arrival we went into the office and were greeted by a very nice lady who handed us a list of rules and regulations, the typical you cannot do this and you cannot do that information. What struck me funny was that on this list perhaps in the conclusion area at the end it would have stated something like, We hope you enjoy your stay with us, or we hope you have a good time. It seemed more like we were checking into a facility where you would be under constant scrutiny. When we went to the pool area which is adequate there posted is another set of don't do this rules and again not making you feel very welcome. One of the pool rules was no food or drink allowed but on numerous occasions we noticed people enjoying their lunch there and actually carrying cans of beer into the pool. So much for rules and regulations. We don't know who is responsible for the ultimate operation of this place but whoever it is should perhaps take a few vacations to other places and get an education on how to make guests feel welcome. One of the rules written is that there is no smoking allowed in any of the units which is totally acceptable but on one occasion I had left the sliding glass door open while taking a shower. While in the shower a man with a gasoline powered blower that produces hurricane force winds was outside removing sand from the patio area. Unfortunately for me when I exited the shower and bathroom area I was greeted with a room full of smoke and gasoline fumes to the point where I had to dress quickly and get outside for fear of being asphyxiated and this is not an exaggeration. Gasoline smoke is not a problem but cigarette smoke is a no no. When I went out there was sand blown onto the the lanai and living room area. This sand blowing operation occurs multiple times during the week. Evidently the person who is in charge of maintaining this place on a sandy beach has an aversion to sand. It seems that whenever you try to enjoy a little quiet time there is some project which requires a loud gasoline engine. While there we listened to the before mentioned power blower, a power washer and hedge trimmers. When I quizzed other guests as to why all this work was so important the answer I got was they are preparing for high season. So I guess if you want a vacation with some peace and quiet ante up another few hundred dollars and opt for dates later than November. All in all we met some very nice people who were vacationing there and if you don't mind doing without all the comforts it is an alright place to spend a week or two. If you are looking for a place that is professionally operated look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rhodytraveler078
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My husband and I have been coming to siesta key for over 10 yrs, used to stay at the place next door before they tore it down to put in the Hyatt. We love being right on the beach and like to be able to be so close to taking a break inside, or going to the pool for a swim. The units are clean, but do vary in updates. We will be back again next year, lots of places for a simple meal out and grocery shopping. We love it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
0.1 km away
Beach Club at Siesta Key
Beach Club at Siesta Key
#7 of 29 in Siesta Key

Been to Crescent Tower Beachfront? Share your experiences!