“Fantastic choice for delicious fresh seafood ”
Review of Captain's Tavern

Captain's Tavern
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in South Miami
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

Fantastic choice for delicious, fresh seafood! SO good and reasonably priced. My husband and I drove from Miami Beach for a Good dinner after reading reviews about the Captain’s Tavern in an article about great places to eat stone crab. We were SO glad that we made the drive. It took about 25 from Miami Beach and there is plenty of parking. The restaurant has a unique menu and everything we had was great! We started out with a volcano roll, it was delicious and fresh, they bring rolls and butter and a salad is included with entrees. I got shrimp and scallops Meli Melo (?) it was great, good sized portion and priced very well. My food was hot, fresh and perfectly seasoned. My husband had a crispy snapper (whole fish) he loved it. The service was excellent, the prices were very reasonable and it was a great experience.
We will definitely return to this restaurant anytime we visit Miami.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (317)

Reviewed 28 March 2021

We've been to this restaurant twice, we enjoyed our food on both occasions. We love seafood, so it feels like heaven. The servers are very attentive. Food taste good. We wish they would make better cocktails, but wine always works. Will definitely recommend this places.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank Deebiej
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Best selection of fresh food you could find in Miami! Not even on places by the river.
The restaurant is also very good. Fish cooked to perfection .

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I have been dining deliciously & often @ Captain’s for several years, eagerly devouring Chef Dale’s amazing variety & preparations of Maine lobster, red snapper, queen snapper, swordfish, halibut, stone crabs, & Faroe Island salmon. The family’s adjoining fish store provides an assortment of the freshest fish in all of Florida! To our added delight, we recently discovered a “secret hidden restaurant” inside our go-to favorite standby, an outstanding Sushi Menu! The selection of sushi, sashimi, & nigiri artfully prepared by Vincent, & accompanied by his unique sauces, takes full advantage of the restaurant’s most luscious center-cut fish. With our server Nick’s clever advice, we look forward to exploring more new discoveries on the menu!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 16 January 2021

Captain's Tavern is a Miami-Pinecrest institution. I've been coming there since I was a kid back in the Seventies. The food is consistently good, service is top notch, and prices are reasonable. Decor is a little dated but we like it that way. If you want seafood in South Dade, this is the only place to go.

Date of visit: January 2021