“Really Good Italian”

Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza
Ranked #35 of 301 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We ordered the Marino Eggplant, meatballs, and pepperoni pizza. (Yes, we over ordered but wanted to have leftovers for the following day!)

Everything was very tasty, portions were plentiful and the service was good!

I love their eggplant! It is sliced very thin, baked and has a flavorful sauce. It is not the typical eggplant parm so you may be disappointed but it is a favorite of ours.

Meatballs were great and pizza delicious!

If you don't like well cooked pizza this is not your place. They have a coal fired oven which leaves a char on the underside of the pizza.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

While I never cared for their overcooked pizza, my wife loved it. I'd get something else on the menu. There were always great beers as well, so I was a happy camper.

The pizza wasn't good at all, not like it had been. The "Italian" salad was, well, lettuce, a few olives, many chick peas, and swimming in vinegar and some olive oil. No spicing at all. No pepperoncini either. Your basic lettuce salad. We've had it before and it was pretty terrific, very plain today.

The beer menu was wrong, they didn't have 1/2 the beers listed on it, and gone is the nicely detailed info on Style, OG and ABV. Oh, the prices weren't there either. No beer special (oh we only have those M-F) BS, I've never come during the week, always Saturday or Sunday. So I had a $6.50 14 ounce beer. Wow, really?

This restaurant had a lot to offer, now it's just ordinary chain pizza with burned crusts.

It is unlikely we will ever go back.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I stop into this Anthony's often while we're out shopping in this strip mall. We stopped in today and were so very disappointed. Obviously, something has changed and it's not good. My unsweet tea was the weakest tea I've ever had. I asked my husband to taste it to make sure it was iced tea since I thought it was water. I had one of my favorite things on the menu....the special arugula pizza. It was tasteless! The arugula was tasteless as was the "dressing" on the arugula and the pizza. In the past, we've both enjoyed the long hot peppers so I ordered one, got a plate of four and they were virtually tasteless. The "beer board" had the wrong beers listed. They didn't have a beer special today and the waitress said they only have that during the week. Not true, they've had a beer special on the weekends in the past. My husband's Italian salad was ok but had no pepperoncini. Our waitress never came by to ask us how things were so we never got a chance to ask about what's going on at this Anthony's. We will not go back!!

1  Thank Cookie S
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Coming from Chicago where pizza is prize - this is darn good pizza. We had a large group and had to wait awhile however the meatball appetizer kept us satisfied. We ordered several of the pizzas - the meatball meat was excellent and the white pizza was good also - the kids had traditional sausage and cheese and that was good too. For a large group the service was good. Tasty meal.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I ordered a small pizza with vegetables to go. The dough was burnt black and tasted like coal. The veggies on the pizza were really bland. Overall not a good pizza.

Been to Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!