“Steve From Huntington”

Ranked #209 of 302 Restaurants in Stuart
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Local Chinese restaurant. Same owners for many years. Husband cooks and the wife works the front of the house. Large restaurant so no need for reservations. Always ample seating. Food is good, not great, but it is difficult to find great Chinese food outside of New York. It appears that they do a much better take out business than eat in. Large portions and inexpensive. If you are in the area, you can't go wrong unless you are looking for spicy food.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Been there 4 times now. I'm never thrilled nor badly disappointed. Tonight I was disappointed. The fried rice was dry and tasteless. The Triple delight was not a delight. It was bitter and salty tasting. Tonight I would have given the dinner a 1 but the three reflects my overall experience if I had to throw out the best and worst this restaurant has to offer.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

This is a nice size and nicely appointed restaurant. The location is great, but the place was empty. Service was reasonable but not as a attentive as it should have been. The main problem however is that the food is not well seasoned. Won Ton soup was fair but not great. The Egg roll was off- tasting. Perhaps not fresh but certainly not seasoned and no shrimp or pork inside. I tried some of the Duck Sauce to see if that would help, but it too had an off-taste. Shrimp and Lobster Sauce was bland. My wife ordered cashew nut chicken and it too was very bland. The tea was hot, but the only taste I could discern was a slight salty under-taste. We had five dining together and no one complained, but no one said anything positive either. We have been here before with similar impressions. I truly hope the restaurant can improve on seasoning and preparation.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

My wife and I discovered the Peacock because we live sort of around the corner in Jensen Beach. We thought we'd pop in for a quiet dinner. The dinner was quiet, the service excellent and the server (I think it may have been an owner) was engaging without being intrusive. She tolerated my terrible Chinese with good humor. I don't remember what we had, but it was very nice - flavorful without overpowering sauces. We highly recommend the Peacock

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Great Selection of Daily Lunch Specials.

Fresh food. Very friendly staff. Nice ambiance and clean dining room. Fast service. Easy access and ample parking.

Been to Peacock Asian Cuisine? Share your experiences!