“Excellent seafood "joint"”

Basin Seafood
Ranked #92 of 302 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 18 December 2016

This is just the sort of place we love -- local, friendly, fresh food well prepared. We shared a Big Mouth Sandwich with a half pound of blackened mahi and a side of fries ($8.99 plus $1.00 for blackened) and an oyster basket which was served with a small container of very good coleslaw ($9.99). Though I am not a big fan of fried oysters, theirs were sweet and some of the best fried oysters I've eaten. Service was friendly and efficient and table service is provided for those eating at the outdoor tables. It is the perfect place to sit out, relax, and enjoy a beautiful December day (they also have indoor seating when the weather is not so accommodating).

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Best fish sandwich that I didn't make in a long time. Was looking forward to a visit and was not disappointed. Will return.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Best Maryland steamed crabs in Florida. I looked everywhere for steamed blue crabs for the 4th of July but most places were sold out. I get crabs at leat 2 times a year in soflo but I'm never impressed. Via Google I found Basin Seafood. They had large blue crabs steamed with old bay. I ordered 2 dozen large. The price was amazing. These crabs were easily extra large to jumbo size. I'm from Baltimore, born and raised. I never thought I'd say I liked crabs I found in Florida better. These crabs were so heavy! The meat was sweet! The mustard was awesome! The price was unbeatable. I am now a lifelong customer. I will be recommending Basin to everyone I know.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I enjoyed an oyster basket, which came with fries and cole slaw.
The oysters were good, not the best I have had in the Stuart area but fresh and nicely prepared.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Stopped for a lunch and very pleased with the quality and taste of my shrimp taco. It's a dive but mouth watering food. Also, don't be in a rush - - service pretty slow if you are trying to do a quick lunch.