“Wonderfully surprised”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 309 Restaurants in Stuart
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North River Road
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Have a reservation! This place is very popular. I'm sure many of you have been to a Japanese steakhouse before. But this is a touch different.

First, be prepared...no yum yum sauce! At first I was modified! I live for the yum yum sauce! Instead they have a mustard sauce. Do not put that on your rice! Nasty! But not bad to dip your shrimp and chicken in. Get the chicken fried rice!! Worth it!

I ordered the teriyaki chicken. Wonderful! The sauces they use on all their meals was fabulous! I don't eat seafood, but a guy at our table ordered the tuna and it was beautiful! He raved about the sauce ( soy, butter and white balsamic vinegar). Someone else order a spicy sauce chicken and it too looked fabulous. Was told it had a nice kick to it but not to much.

It's very obvious that they do have a much larger variety of items then your regular Japanese steakhouse. We loved our chef Bryon (from Okinawa) he was very funny! Plus did a great job!

This restaurant is on the water and they have a beautiful spot right outside the restaurant on the water that is great for photos!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stopped in for sushi. The service and the sushi chef were friendly and efficient. The sushi was good. The fish was of good quality and fresh (or recently unfrozen as is usually the case with sushi). Presentation was good. Prices were fair. I'd like to come back for the full dinner.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

It had been years since we had gone to a Benihana instead of a Japanese-run Teppanyaki restaurant and since we received a birthday coupon we decided to try the one in Stuart where we had just moved to.

Overall it was as expected for a Benihana. My husband's filet mignon was fantasticly tender, but my Ocean Treasure (lobster, scallops and shrimp) was overcooked. I was surprised that the chef only asked how the people ordering steaks wanted it cooked and did not ask the seafood/fish people.

Overall, with the birthday coupon, it was decent meal. Our waitress and chef were otherwise very friendly and eager to please. Of note, the chef was a longtime teppan chef and there were no errant flying food bits coated in hot oil.

There was apparently a shortage of chefs that evening and we were all quite snugly seated at the table (3 groups).

The Stuart property does have a good view from most of the tables.

The photo at the end of the meal was a very nice touch. We will be back but maybe only for the teppan steaks.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I had the Hibachi Chateaubriand (filet mignon gussied up); she had filet mignon. Couldn't really taste much difference. I would just order the filet mignon next time. Always good choice with a nice view of water, attentive staff. Pleasant experiencr as usual.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We enjoyed the meal/the server and the our Chief Maynor. However when three people become ill with stomach cramps and..........................it takes the shine off the meal.
I liked the Stuart location. I have spoken to customer relations in Miami and delt with a rather pious young lady. I will pursue this matter.

Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it shouldn’t have happened. We have addressed the issue with our restaurant staff and apologize for the poor experience.

Been to Benihana? Share your experiences!