“Great sushi and wonderful service!!”
Review of 26 Sushi & Tapas

26 Sushi & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
26 Sushi & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Surfside
Price range: US$4 - US$45
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I happened upon this beautiful restaurant while on business. I have returned 3 more times during subsequent trips, each time having a different awesome server. The last time I brought a friend with me who has a lot of dietary issues. Our server Victor, was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. The cocktails were refreshing, and the sushi was beautiful and yummy!!!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice kosher place to visit in Miami. The ambiance is very pleasant and the service is great. The menu is good. Our waiter, Victor, was very nice and explained all items on the menu that we asked about. He seemed vey knowledge about Thai and Japanese cuisine. The prices are on the higher side but it's worth a trip for good food and pleasant atmosphere. If you do visit for dinner it's best to make reservations because the restaurant gets packed quite quickly.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I frequently visited Tapas 26 during vacation. We enjoy fish and sushi several times per week. We have been coming to Tapas 26 since their opening. The restaurant currently has a new owner and manager. Initial owners were great and truly hospitable. Jo-el is the new owner and manager. I Had an issue with changing a side dish of French fries for veggies. Charged full price for that switch when normally it is considered an even switch. In fact, fries on menu are valued at higher price than veggies in sides. This is in addition to a very overpriced menu where we spent near two hundred dollars for a bottle of wine, not high end, one appetizer and two fish entrees. The new owner defended his position incessantly. Never had such an issue in all the Miami restaurants we have eaten at. So we suggest for that price. "Go eat steak" Btw, they had Bronzino special for $50 dollars tonite. Like I said, way overpriced and petty. In the end, owner reimbursed us begrudgingly. I will admit food is very tasty but again small portions and overpriced. I miss former owner. He said he will reply, but will let you be the judge.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed eating at the bar. Their is a special between 4&7 with food being less expensive and drinks being 2 for price of one. Bartenders great and service excellent. Food great and good sushi.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Located in the heart of Surfside on busy Collins Ave., the Japanese style menu offers Sushi freshly made to order that is outstanding. Great selection of other high quality menu items including a a delicious whole Bronzini fish served on a platter cooked perfectly.
Excellent service. Dinner Reservations will circumvent a long wait.
Pricey but worth the money for a special dinner.
26 is noisy and atmosphere is average but everything on the menu is great.