“Good Food, Good Atmosphere”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #95 of 852 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 7 May 2017

It has been a while since I stopped in. I know the remodel is not new, but it does look nice.

I had the Chicken & Rib plate. The chicken was superb. I also really liked the cole slaw. The cornbread was a little crumbily for me, but it had a nice corn taste. The ribs and corn on the cob were fine. Huge glass of sweet tea.

Server was quick and friendly.

Overall, it was a good meal.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Stopped in here today with family for lunch. Our server, Amber, was the only good part of our visit. She did a great job and I don't blame her for the food. I'm only addressing my lunch. I ordered the Triple Pork meal. Ribs (fatty and not good) Sliced Brisket per the menu (very very fatty and not pleasant to eat at all) and pulled pork. Tasted old and still, too much fat. I've never seen this before at a Sonny's. I left BBQ on my plate which is something I never ever do.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on our way to Tampa for lunch. I had the Brisket sandwich on garlic bread which was tasty. My wife had the pulled pork salad which was massive and we could have easily shared that. Our waiter was awesome.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Based upon our experiences with Sonny's in central Florida we stopped and got a take-away meal here. One BBQ platter and two salads we more than enough food for us. The order was ready at the time promised and the servicer made sure that all the necessary plastic ware and condiments were with the order.
I would recommend eating in the restaurant for your first visit as you can get a better sense of the on-site service and food quality. We have since visited other Sonny's and this location seems to be representative of the chain.
I would eat at this place again.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

It was close to the motel and thought we would give it a try. The building is pretty new and has a large area for parking, clean inside... Now for the meal -Sevice was average, My ribs were nothing to brag about, mine had a lot of hard grizzle, and my wifes chicken pieces were pretty small. Fries - again nothing special. Also was not informed by our waiter about the senior discount, and it isn't like we look that young. ( Just read about that in another review). Goes to show you that reading reviews can be helpfull. May have just picked the wrong thing on the menu- don't know. It would be over a 1000 mile drive to go back to give it a second try. Not likely!!!

SonnysBBQ, Digital Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Thank you for takin’ the time to write your review, David R. We’d like to try to help—please email Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details, along with your phone number and the location you were at. We do appreciate your feedback, and we hope to hear more from you.