“Is everyone here new to the industry?”

El Patron Mexican Grille & Cantina
Ranked #505 of 847 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I walked in from a nearby hotel on a Tuesday night. Nothing to crazy happening, but they were busy. No hostess, so I sat at the bar, which had weird seating (some seats hidden behind pillars). It took me 14 minutes to get service. I thought it was just me, but after I placed my order another man sat down.

I asked for their hot salsa after about 10 minutes. The guy still hadn't been greeted, so he mumbled, "I must be invisible or something," and left. The servers standing/leaning by the bar seemed confused. Seriously, everyone seemed new to the industry.

The food was pretty good, so kudos to the cooks. The drinks in the other hand were 2 for 1 everyday. Well, my two margaritas tasted like the had 1 shot of liquor, total. Very disappointed with their liquor pours.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

The worst service ever. They refuse to take owner ship of the service. Would not apologize for the fly in drink. Everything was not their problem. The food was not good at all. You may want to try your luck somewhere else.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We decided to eat here while on business. I walked in and the restaurant is way cool and the music also so I was excited to sit down and have a meal. I ordered a chicken chimichanga that was served to me on a plate with nothing else and was the size of a fruit roll up. No rice and beans nothing, just one lonesome chimichanga on a plate. Please note this was the dinner menu. My husbands rice and beans were awful tasting and were straight out of a can. Needless to say we both left there hungry and confused.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Been here twice in the past week. First on a Thursday semi-slow night and a busy Saturday. Both visits included great food and drinks. Service on Thursday was fabulous and Saturday our server seemed overwhelmed but did a decent job. The DJ was setting up and as we were leaving seemed to be playing some pretty fun music, but with kids had to depart before the place got too hoppin. Definitely a good place for eats

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Food it's good. The best spot to having fun dancing with friends. Dj music puts the party on fire. A Mexican restaurant with real mexican people (you know what I mean). A place to came with the family too.

Thank Neda Z. C