“Looks can be deceiving, this was some great Thai food”

Bahn Thai Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 832 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 24 March 2015

We decided to visit Bahn Thai simply because it was (just about) walking distance from our downtown hotel. When we reached the restaurant we were a bit wary because it looked dated, when we stepped inside we were even less impressed. But while the restaurant could do with a little TLC the food was stellar. I lived in Thailand for nearly 5 years and it is very difficult to find genuine Thai food but the Phad Prig King was the best I have had outside Thailand. Speaking with the owner she opened the restaurant over 30 years ago and her food is well known in the Thai community in Florida. Worth a visit, just ignore the decor ;)

1  Thank thailandfishboy

Reviewed 26 February 2015

Great local Thai restaurant! Simple food, warm atmosphere. A bit of a drive off of I-10 but it's a straight shot to the restaurant once you get off that exit. Would recommend for families and friends.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

I'd heard this was decent, cheap Thai and was disappointed. The buffet was not particularly Thai, and the restaurant smelled of mold. The food just barely met the idea of decent but it was at least cheap. I won't go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Old building that needs a lot of upkeep and cleaning ... armature staff and small portion plates ...food is just put together without much taste ....

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Bahn Thai has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years. I love the food and the warm, charismatic staff! They make my favorite Tom Yum (Thai shrimp) soup anywhere to date. Their Pad Thai, Fish Curry, Pad See Yew, Pra Kung, and anything else you would want to order are delicious. And, with all honesty, they have the most flavorful veggie egg rolls ever! I notice some unfavorable reviews...people like to talk smack about Bahn Thai (I think because of their southside location and distinctive atmosphere?) but haters are gonna hate. We get take out there at least once or twice a month and I've had some of my most fun birthday experiences there. They have a huge back room they'll reserve for you for no charge, a karaoke system they'll let you use for no charge, and a full liquor license! Give them a try! But make sure you mean it if you say you want your dish prepared hot! ;)