“Incredible Thai Food, worth the search!”
Review of Thai Place

Thai Place
Ranked #129 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 June 2015

This is one of the best Thai Restaurants I ever had the pleasure of eating at. I initially hesitated to go in search of this restaurant considering it is off the beaten path and located in a plaza out of the way. Don't judge it from the outside. Take the ride, and give it a try. It's more than worth it. I had the veggie pad Thai and my husband had the veggie drunken noodles. They were both so good that neither of us could decide which dish we liked better so proceeded to eat them both simultaneously....though I know he ate more of mine than I had of his. We also had this delicious bowl of soup made with coconut milk and a spring role to die for. As for the service, the waitress couldn't have given us more attention. Kudos to Thai Place.

1  Thank 4theloveoftravel808

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

First time eating here and it was fabulous. Clean restaurant, great service, nice staff. I had the green curry with chicken and it was so good. My husband had the Pho soup with beef and liked it as well. Of course we had dessert and the coconut ice cream with the fried bananas was awesome. Did I mention how nice the staff was? Everyone was so friendly. We live near here and this will definitely be someplace we will frequent often.

1  Thank Desiree G
Reviewed 29 May 2015

So continues my search for great Thai food in Tallahassee, but Thai Place is definitely worth eating at, and I will definitely be back. It's a very clean and well maintained small place off the beaten path. The service is excellent (very friendly, attentive, and fast service). The portions are large and filling, and they give you the option of spicy or not, and the spicy is hot enough that I can taste it, but not so hot it makes me cry (I love spicy foods, but I want to be able to enjoy them).
My food came with my choice of soup or spring roll, and I said I really didn't care, as I'm picky about my soups and don't care for spring rolls, but boy and I glad he brought me the soup (coconut chicken?), because it was fantastic and I cannot wait to go back for more.
I had the hot thai basil and it was delicious, and as I said, the perfect amount of spicy.

If I had any complaints it would be that my friend's food came out a good 5 minutes before mine, so she just sort of stared at it for 5 minutes while waiting for me to get my dish. But, on the plus side, that means they served hers hot and fresh, and it wasn't sitting back there under heat lamps. And mine didn't take that long to come out.

I'm still on the search for an authentic Thai restaurant (the flavors are definitely authentic and delicious, but I want more Thai dishes). But I will definitely go back and try other things.

I give Thai Place a very hearty 4 Stars.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Hands down my favorite Thai. Clean establishment, very attentive service and amaaazing food. Start with the Tom kha soup (Coconut chicken), this stuff is delicious. I have had the green and red curry, both were phenomenal. Portions are plentiful.

1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Accommodation of vegetarians is pleasant anywhere you dine these days. Our carnivores for very please with the crispy duck and the pineapple fried rice with chicken. All around crowd-pleasers were Drunken noodles (pretty spicy), pad Thai, crab rangoons, fried tofu, coconut milk soup, garlic pepper with tofu, iced Thai tea and the FRIED BANANAS with COCONUT ICE CREAM. Since Bahn Thai closed we had to venture out for a new good Thai place. This will be our regular Thai place, even though it is way across town for us. It's worth the drive!

1  Thank ekohler13