“Great sushi staff but so-so waitresses”
Review of Oishi Bento

Oishi Bento
Ranked #244 of 873 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I was staying in a nearby hotel for the night and wandered over to this restaurant for a bite. I was unfamiliar with the ordering protocol and sat for several minutes before the sushi chef asked me if I had ordered yet. Several of the waitresses had simply walked by. I went with sushi and was pleased with the speed of service and the quality of what I got. Would eat here again now that I know I need to order before having a seat.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

This is the best place for Chinese Food in Tallahassee. They have mastered the technique of "velveting" their meats so the chicken is always tender and moist. The food is so good that I go to this restaurant at least twice a week. I have tried almost everything on the stir fry menu; the only dish that I do not recommend is the Mongolian dish which is cooked in shacha sauce (an acquired esoteric flavor). Otherwise, favorites include the udon noodles, fried rice, stir fry vegetables and ginger stir fry. The velvet meat is so tender and good that my picky five year old gobbles it up! The staff is friendly too and the decor is ultra-chic. Most importantly, the restaurant and bathrooms are clean.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Meh, I wasn't impressed. I'd eat it again in a bind, but Tan's Asian Cafe and Bamboo House are much better if I can be choosy.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Large sushi menu which is prepared to order. Daughter said her tofu rice bowl was good but, had a lot of onions. They may be understaffed because they forget to give you utensils but we will eat their again.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I have eaten here three times in the last two weeks, each time I have been here the food has been perfect, great tasting and beautiful. I would recommend this place.
Took family when they were in town and they enjoyed it.
Service is good, but the food is very good, fresh, clean and full of flavor.