“Still a fun place”

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Ranked #1 of 203 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is the ultimate family adventure, combining world-class thrill rides, live entertainment and more than 12,000 animals. Challenge a 335-foot drop tower, Falcon's Fury, or race like a cheetah on Cheetah Hunt. Busch Gardens' newest attraction, Cobra's Curse puts a spin on family thrills with this one-of-a-kind spin coaster.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Allow he whole day for Busch Gardens because the place is huge and has lots to do. We caught the free Michael Bolton concert as part of the annual food & wine festival. We also purchased the all-day food pass, photo key for the day, and the wine and tequila tastings that were part of the festival. The all-day food pass is a must because it is a tremendous savings; especially, if you plan on eating bbq at the smokehouse. The tequila tasting was disappointing since the attendants barely had info regarding different tequilas. We ended up getting a partial refund for the photo key because a picture was taken only when we arrived, there were no other photographers around the park taking pictures as advertised, and we did not get on any rides, which have cameras. If you go at least 2x during the year, the annual pass special is a big bargain!

1  Thank 1TravelingWoman
Write a ReviewReviews (15,353)
All reviews
in 133 reviews
"quick queue"
in 159 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say about Busch Gardens...apart from don’t even bother wasting your time or money going. Slap a mud hut here and we’ll call this section Congo. It’s as hot and smelly as Africa but looks cheaply made, it’s also a place to work if your retired or spotty teenager the food is very expensive cold and tastes awful the best tasting thing was the bread roll.....
I’d rather go to Blackpool or cleethopes on a hot day than ever go there again.
It feels like it was built first and then someone thought nope we can do better. Let’s move 1 hour East and try again
The best thing about it was the couple of animals that were there and even they were laid down bored. Goto go on 3 rides in 5 hours and they were not very good at all.
Went to go on Cheeter over an hour and a half waiting and the coffin dodger started to let 200 fast pass people through it got absolutely bedlam, I then had an argument with a fat little opinionated female who thought me stopping people pushing past me was the wrong thing to do... oh ye sorry love I’m just gonna stand here for 85 mins sweating my tits off for you lot to push past me... I don’t think so
To sum it up don’t waste your time going it’s not what’s it’s all hyped up to be
The best ride was the trolley to get to the car to go home...

BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We regret to hear about your experience. Could you contact us directly at BGA.GuestInformation@buschgardens.com so we may assist you further? Please include a copy of your review for reference. Thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic day out. Plenty to do and see the variety of wildlife is amazing . A bit quieter than the attractions in Orlando. It’s our second time there and we’d definitely go again .

1  Thank leongriff
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Monday during spring break. The park really didn't feel all that crowded, but wait times said otherwise. When we arrived, Cheetah Hunt was closed for technical difficulties, although it did open later in the day. Fortunately we rode The Sky Ride early in the day, because it was closed later due to high winds. The waits for Kumba and Montu weren't too bad. Cobras Curse took over an hour but honestly, the worst was the Sand Serpent! The line wasn't long at all, but every few minutes the Quick Queue line would fill up and all the people in line had to wait. It took over an hour to ride this silly roller coaster! I personally don't ride roller coasters due to herniated disc in my neck, and I miss some of the rides they used to have like the one with the huge Safari Jeeps. And I was going to do the zipline in Jungala, it was closed. The log flume was also closed. The white tiger was nowhere to be found. Some of the other animal exhibits had nothing in them as well. Many of the restaurants and kiosks were closed up. I have always enjoyed Busch Gardens, it just seems like it's not being very well maintained. Maybe attendance is down, necessitating changes? I did buy a fun card so we'll probably go one more time before the end of the year. But something seemed different than when I have visited in the past, I just can't quite figure out what.

1  Thank PurdueGirl84