Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

More Info
from US$122.00
More Info
17,701 results
All reviews cheetah hunt theme park thrill rides falcons fury cheetah run serengeti safari sky ride christmas town great roller coasters congo river rapids meal plan sesame street area howl o scream ice skating show all day dining water rides big rides
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Jim Dean Busch Gardens Tampa Park President getting kicked out be no no id entance if see my help me have no id

1  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

We just had the worst experience ever at Busch Gardens Tampa...after waiting in a long line to pay to park ($25), the attendants were not helpful with directing the cars to find open parking spots. After we finally find one at the back of the parking lot, we walk to the gate (the trams were running but not picking up passengers from the parking lot). We get to the gate area and see a crowd of what seemed like 1000 people waiting to get in! No social distancing, and the lines aren’t moving. We find someone to see what’s going on...the two lines were for temperature checks and we got the impression that it could take much more than an hour just to get in! Here’s the thing, when you purchase your tickets they also “require” you to submit a reservation for you and everyone in your party. We did all of this. However you get to the gate and encounter a mob of people who have been standing in the heat for hours in order to undergo a temperature check! No separate li for those with reservations, tickets, etc.

We were coming from Orlando heading back home to South Florida but wanted to spend the day at Busch Gardens before hitting the road later on in the day. So after realizing that the time spent just to get into the gate plus long lines inside meant we wouldn’t be able to ride much, we decided to leave. (Fast passes for the day were $149.99/each) which were much more expensive than the tickets we paid for!

So fine whatever, we’ll come back to Tampa a different time and use our tickets...at least give us a refund for the parking! So I call their customer service line and chose the option for them to call me back. The estimated wait time was 30 min, I got the call back 3 hours later. He tells me that since we purchased at the park there is nothing they can do to refund parking (even though I paid using a debit card and had the receipt in hand).

All in all, this is the worst and we are disappointed. No wonder why people are willing to pay so much for the Disney experience...we definitely would not have seen what we got today had we gone to Disney. EVEN DURING THE PANDEMIC. Let’s not blame Covid. Some are getting it right Busch Gardens.

Date of experience: May 2021
4  Thank mrstrelena
Reviewed 1 May 2021 via mobile

Being fans of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, we thought we’d enjoy Busch Gardens Tampa as well especially since it offers the ability to see more animals. With having a young child, we look forward to family friendly activities. With the restrictions of COVID, I called prior to purchasing tickets as I wanted to make sure there would be activities my 3 year old could do. The sales rep assured me that most of the Sesame Street section was open and the characters were there. They sold me on the photo pass because of this. Well, when we arrived we found most of the Sesame Street area either closed or no attendant around to allow kids on the rides. The characters were nowhere to be found either. When I asked, a park worker said they weren’t there. We never used the photo pass as the rides that took pictures my daughter couldn’t ride. It was a huge waste of money.

I would also caution anyone on the all day meal pass. Unless you plan to eat only at the restaurants, it’s a waste of money. You cannot use the pass at any of the snack vendors so you’re very limited on where and what you can eat.

More than half the park was closed as well. Again, areas I was told were open were not when we got there. We got the impression that they didn’t sell enough admission tickets for the day so they didn’t have the staff to run things.

We did enjoy the animal ambassador encounter and do recommend doing that activity. The employees were very knowledgeable.

Shortly after returning from our trip, I did try to contact Busch Gardens Tampa about the photo pass. However, as of the date of this review I have not heard back.

All-in-all, I’d recommend waiting to visit until COVID is over to see if things get better.

2  Thank moviegirl35
Reviewed 29 April 2021

Busch could definitely be a fun place IF you can get away from the rain AND the face masks. We didn't really appreciate being told by every employee on the park to put on my facemask, especially since we were there on a weekday, in the rain, when there was a handful of people in the park. Especially just after M.I.T. just came out with their findings that 6' distance is just as good as 60' difference of social distancing. Common sense SHOULD rule here, not government nonsense.

2  Thank maryanng617
Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

I lived in Tampa most of my younger years and always went to BG. I recently went with a few friends and it was just as good as when I used to go!