All reviews big cat rescue newer property restaurants and shops outstanding staff beds were comfortable wonderful stay stayed here great hotel gunn lobby convenience mall housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2020

Very good location off of tollway north of Tampa. Obvious highlights are:
- new construction
- more than ample free parking
- quiet surroundings with a good running/bike path directly in front of hotel.

Checkin process was friendly, efficient.; however, No mention of elite status or any offer of room upgrade.

Room: new, clean. King room had sitting area Couch is slightly uncomfortable with no back support. Giant flat screen tv with arm to adjust viewing angle. Small fridge.

Shower/no tub. Open shower has water valve on opposite side so you can adjust before getting in. Good lighting throughout room.

Good value for price. I recommend this location would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Will P
AliciaStofel, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Northwest / Veterans Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and adding some traveler photos. I apologize we did not recognize your status as a Bonvoy Elite member! That is certainly a failure on our part as we appreciate our members. Unfortunately, we had to remove all throw pillows and lumbar support pillow from the couches in the guest rooms. This is due to COVID as we cannot properly clean these pillows between each guest. We appreciate your positive review and hope we did everything to make you feel comfortable during your travels. We look forward to having you stay again in the future!

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Modern, clean and pleasant surroundings made our visit very pleasant and enjoyable. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We would stay here again and would recommend you do so likewise.. The staff were very helpful.

Room tip: Easy access
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

First thing is that it’s a little hidden as it’s off the Main Street and down a short road behind some business buildings. The man who checked me in was thorough and even greeted me by name the next morning. I was there for 3 nights and never saw him again. As I got in late, I just got a salad from lobby restaurant/bar and it was decent. I appreciated the fruited water jug on the counter. Also liked mix of contemporary furniture in lobby. There were no traditional bar stools but not sure I missed them.

They gave 2 card keys and I don’t think one of them worked so I ended up only using one during my stay. Room was clean but expected as it seemed new. I opted for points over daily cleaning.

There seems to be a good walking/running/biking trail in front but I didn’t have time to check out.

Next to big cat rescue but it was closed day I considered going.

Not a lot of good restaurant options nearby. Not really walking distance.

If you’re doing business in this area, it’s a solid option.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2019

1.About 15-20 mnts. ride from the Tampa International airport
2.Stayed overnight. The check in process was was fast and smooth.
3.The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood and is surrounded by greenery.
4.Hotel is close to a mall and there are many restaurants and shops along the Gunn Hwy(short walk/ drive from the property).
5.Room was decent size, updated and beds were comfortable.
6.The outdoor swimming pool is perfect to relax( not a heated pool).
7.Running trail right across the hotel parking lot and it is very nice.
8.Parking is free and plenty of spaces available.
9.Lobby area is very good with lots of seating in front of the Bistro.
10.Free baggage carts are provided at the hotel for the convenience of their guests(just like you see in airport).
11.The Big Cat rescue park is next door(one of the popular attractions while visiting Tampa).

Nice hotel overall!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 10 November 2019

The kitchen is in the lobby of this hotel location and has no door. This hotel either needs a better ventilation system, relocate kitchen or get a door. The smells are so strong not only in the lobby but we can smell them frying brussel sprouts even in our room on the 4th floor. So pungent and gross! Now all our clothing smells like it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
alijaco7, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Northwest / Veterans Expressway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2019

Amanda,

Thank you for your feedback! We completely understand that nobody wants to walk around smelling like brussels sprouts or a kitchen. It seems that possibly someone forgot to turn on the ventilation system during your stay with us and that is just not acceptable. I have spoken with all of the kitchen staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you again for your feedback, I hope you have a wonderful day.