“Different”

Ranked #8 of 139 things to do in Tampa
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a beautiful sight. As I-275 bends, you get to see two distinctively different views of the bridge. Nice architectural piece. Also, there are nice fishing piers on either end.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,339)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"toll"
in 322 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

went for a Tampa Bay Bucs game and as usual great view if your the passenger cab see the whole bay and the fishing pier on the right side headin towards Tampa

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We made a special trip to just go over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge with our two teenage grandchikdren. They were in awe of the size and enormous size of the Bridge. After crossing, we went to the Rest Area for photos with the Bridge in the background. The toll with SunPass is $1.50 each way, so for $3 we had a great experience. We took the time to Google the Bridge and the engineering construction, plus how a freighter hit the old Bridge. You CAN turn a crossing into fun and a educational lesson too! If there is any wind going on, you may see wind surfers on the St Pete side, fun to watch, for sure!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I was on the original bridge when it was struck and collapsed during a storm in 1980. This instilled a tremendous fear of bridges for me. I do not like and long or high bridges especially those that span a bay for several miles. I visit Tampa several times per year for work and I have relatives in Ft Myers and clear water and I make it a point to drive out of my way to avoid 275 aka sunshine skyway even if it means driving a few extra hours. This bridge is known for multiple suicides. I can not find anything good to say about this bridge unless you love bridges stay away from the sunshine skyway!

1  Thank Ms H