Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #7 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 31 May 2017

My daughter had a soccer game nearby and this is where our team stayed. While the hotel may not have been a 5 star fancy hotel, what made it stand out what its people. Manager George Sandona and his two fantastic ladies Nelle and Janet at the front desk were so polite, helpful, courteous, and just plain awesome. When you experience great service, you want to support and this hotel stands way above the rest because they care about you. I 150% recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: great experience, great service, highly recommended
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
TAMPAGMGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Leanne,

Thank you very much for all of your compliments! As you can tell, our hospitality comes straight from the heart. I am glad that we served you well and we hope to see you again.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Good:
- The room was clean, large, and comfortable.
- The front staff were quite pleasant.
- There is complimentary Klondike ice cream service from 8:00-10:00 pm.

Bad:
- The breakfast was by far the worst in a hotel ever. They were out of sausage, biscuits, and there were only a few slices of blackened bacon. The eggs were cold, the lemonade was undrinkable, and there was no staff the whole time we were there checking on anything or to ask. Coffee was fast food quality.
- The AC in the room, while functional, was noisy.
- The toilet made a very loud screeching noise when it finished. Combined with no low level lighting for that area at night, if anyone goes to the bathroom you can be sure others will be awakened.
- The TV for the room was small enough it was hard to see from the second Queen bed. It was also fixed in location in front of the first bed, so it couldn't slide over to be visible.
- The pool was small, shallow, and not clean (but not notably dirty). The pool towel cabinet was full of used towels.

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your candid feedback. I am so sorry that you did not catch us at our best and I wish we could have spoken while you were staying. I understand that it may not have been a priority during your visit.

Given the opportunity, I am committed to giving you a good reason to return. We would love to regain your confidence. Please call the hotel and ask to speak to me directly for a special offer.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel.

-George Sandona, General Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. I found the entire hotel clean and neat. Room was comfortable and clean as well. They offer free breakfast that is nice but nothing special. They also offer free ice cream at night. Restaurants close by for easy dining TGIFridays, Ruby Tuesday, and, Red Lobster. We had our best meal at Stonewood Grill and Tavern about 1 mile from hotel. I would definitely stay again and recommend.

Dear Adam,

Thank you for staying with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the location, the pride our housekeeping team takes in delivering spotlessly clean rooms, and let's be honest - who doesn't like ice cream.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit.

Wishing you Safe & Happy Travels,
George Sandona

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Very clean and modern design. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. An outstanding staff and great service. No unpleasant surprises and a really good value for the money. We would definitely stay again if we are in the area again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
TAMPAGMGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Tiway,

Thank you for recommending our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel's modern design, and that our team impressed you.

We are glad you chose our hotel and will choose us again when you come back to Tampa.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 20 May 2017

This hotel is very nice, offers small snacks by the reception and makes you feel appreciated. Free parking. Very close to shopping area and many restaurants. Also right off the highway so the location is great. The staff was very polite and professional, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
TAMPAGMGS, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Peter,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your compliments to our team and are glad that that our convenient location offered everything thing that you need.

Please come and stay with us again soon.

happy Travels,