“Amazing Experience During Hurricane”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Ranked #8 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This hotel is run by George Sandona, one of the best management professionals in the industry. The staff is extremely well-trained and our stay before, during, and after the hurricane was incredibly pleasant in spite of what was going on. The room was clean, the housekeeping staff was very attentive, and they provided a hot breakfast every morning thoughout this event even when nothing else was open in New Tampa. I have lived in Tampa for 27 years and while this is a mid-priced hotel, the luxury hotels have nothing over this one. If you are traveling to Tampa for any reason this is a great place to stay and at a very reasonable price. You will not find better service anywhere in any other hotel in Tampa.

Room Tip: The rooms were incredibly quiet for sleeping. Also, some rooms were designated pet friendly.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StewartJay

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Considering this Holiday Inn Express location had an unexpected full house due to hurricane Irma evacuees, we would have understood if our stay had been less than stellar. In reality, our stay was outstanding! The general manager, front desk and housekeeping staff were friendly, helpful and amazingly patient! During the worst part of the storm, we had power, internet and TV. Rooms are equipped with microwave and mini fridge which came in very handy since we were camped out for several days. We also had hot breakfast and fresh towels daily. George and his staff made what could have been a difficult situation much better!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kld74
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I booked for our family of 6 through Busch Gardens vacations. Had a choice of several hotels. Some quite a bit closer to the park than this one, but glad we chose here in the end. The area the hotel is located in is very upscale, and secluded. The area around Busch Gardens can be a little bit busy and sketchy is my best description.

We booked 5 nights and got 6 X 14 day unlimited tickets to Busch Gardens, Sea World, and islands of Adventure water park for around $1700. Hard to rent a condo or house for $1600, let alone get 6 theme park tickets, so a great deal for our large family.

From the moment we arrived late Monday evening, the staff were excellent. Gave us some water bottles, some Busch Swag for the kids. Made us feel important and welcomed. Just what we needed after a long flight and drive from Orlando.

The daily breakfast featured sausages, eggs, pancakes, omelettes, bagels, muffins, yogurt and cereal. It is more than adequate to start your day. Coffee and tea available 24 hours. They also serve free ice cream between 8-10 pm. Kids loved it. So did I.

Our room was large enough to accommodate all 6 of us, with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. A little tight at times, but we spent very little time there. My kids were in the pool most of the time, and it was very clean, and again very secluded from any drive by traffic. Hotel is very well maintained and staff were all friendly.

General manager George took time to chat with us one morning, and showed genuine interest in our holiday plans. I learned I could have booked our stay directly with the hotel, but advised George that I did attempt to do this with little success. He showed us one of their new 2 bedroom suites which would be better for us on a subsequent stay. He was very kind. Very professional.

Hotel offers a coin laundry to clean your own clothes as well as guest paid laundry services. Important when you are a large travelling family with a limited wardrobe.

I can't think of anything but praise for this hotel, and it got our 3 weeks in Florida off to a great start. So glad we chose this hotel from the options available. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nubiwan
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here through the Busch Garden vacations with a City Pass. The check-in went well with a small stuffed animal for my small child. The room was spacious and clean. I actually chose this location for the value and the 2 queen beds vs. double bed. The beds were comfortable and the everything worked well.

The complimentary breakfast was okay and their hours were adequate. I did not use the pool, but one of my children enjoyed it. The hotel also had complimentary ice cream in the evening.

I would recommend this hotel because of the service, value and it also had good restaurants/stores close by.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MissSoro
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed one night with husband and two grandkids after a 12 hour drive. This was a perfect hotel for a swim, shower, and rest. Free ice cream n lobby that night after having pizza delivered was a nice finishing touch.
Only problem in room was there was no booklet for hotel info and local restaurant info. No phone book either. I could not remember time of breakfast so when I took kids down for their ice cream I mentioned the lack of info in room and the girl at the desk said it is posted down here. I told her sometimes people forget. No response.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family