“Consistently good”

Jason's Deli
Ranked #216 of 2,748 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick bite with the family for lunch. The salad bar is very good, as is the variety of offerings on the menu. The kids really enjoy the free ice cream. I had the half and half sandwich and salad bar. There was great variety at the salad bar. I enjoyed the Cowboy, a classic that has recently returned to the menu. Overall, very good meal!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 7 July 2017

If you are looking for a place that has variety and are in a hurry, Jason's Deli is perfect for you. They have all kinds of sandwiches, soups, a salad bar (I was surprised by this) and self-serve ice cream. My hubby had the Club Royal, which was huge and came with potato chips. I had a quarter turkey Muffaletta and a cup of tomato basil soup. We both enjoyed ours very much.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017

There is no question about the popularity of Jason’s deli in the Temple Terrace area. Located along Fowler Avenue near Winn Dixie, this Jason’s deli is quite huge with plenty of tables and booths. There were at least 15 employees working for the lunch crowd. Famous for its delicatessen sandwiches, there are plenty of other items to choose from.

I liked the dedicated salad bar. There are plenty of items to choose from. I liked the mixed greens without iceberg lettuce. I added peas, carrots, sweet onions and various sweet peppers. It was well worth the reasonable price.

I thought my Reuben sandwich was quite tasty with plenty of stacked beef. I also ordered the soup of the day which consisted of green chills, pork and vegetables. I did not like the soup as much as the Reuben and salad bar.

This Jason’s deli is actually a franchise of 268 stores in 29 states. The first store began in 1976 in what is now the headquarters in Beaumont, Texas. A conglomerate of several owners, it prides itself with 100% antibiotic-free chicken, eliminated high fructose corn syrup, trans-fats and MSG from all its products. It advertises itself as “healthy” food choices.

After your meal you can treat yourself to a “free” soft serve vanilla/chocolate cone or cup. I had two of these. You will not be disappointed with all the items you can choose from.

If you found this review helpful in any way, please press “LIKE” to let me know.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Marty B
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This chain has a good assortment of sandwiches, soups, and a very nice salad bar. Nice that you can order 1/2 a sandwich and pair it with soup or a "one trip" salad bar. In our party of 6 we all ordered different items, but all went to the salad bar.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We stop by Jason's Deli while in the area of MOSI and Moffit (also USF). We were drawn in by the crowd we observed enjoying lunch. The menu is pure New York Deli. We had a Ruben and a Hot Corned Beef sandwich. Both Excellent. This was a great find. We will be back soon. They offer Free Ice cream with the meal. By the way the portions are large. We might have shared a sandwich.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Jason's Deli? Share your experiences!