“The Brits won me over! Yum!”
Review of Cook's

Cook's
Ranked #495 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This place has the freshest, yummiest food! I have had sandwiches, salads and quiche and it was all good, consistently good. Very quaint atmosphere, but low key lunch style. Parking can be a problem.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I think this is one of those places the locals know and go.
Found this place only because I was told by someone who lived near to go and give it a try. Otherwise, from the outside, I would not have tried it out, given it doesn't appear to be a place to eat but rather a market.
Menu includes a few breakfast items and lots of great lunch options and desserts.
The food quality is above average with items made from scratch.
If I lived here I would go frequently and try it all.
Good place to visit if you are taking a walk along Bayshore and want to grab a bite to eat given it is right off bayshore near gandy. Can be dressed casually as well so no problem going after taking a walk down bayshore.
Order at counter and they deliver food to your table. There are not many tables and I hear there could be a wait at busy lunch time.
I also saw, but did not try, the take out family items, like shepard's pie.
I am going to come back when I visit again.

1  Thank KimberlyM223
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

We heard that the food at Cook's was great - and it was. It's nothing to look at, but the food is delicious. They are always busy. We've taken out several times and have been very pleased! Their take out curry is phenomenal!

Reviewed 2 March 2015

After a 6 mile walk from Harbor Island to the end of Bayshore I was definitely thirsty. Walked by Kojak's which I knew was closed then...and there it was... this quaint, unassuming, charming little place. From the outside, one can think that it is not even open for business if no one has parked at the front yet. Cook's Kitchen is precisely what the name implies. You walk in and you feel like speaking with a British accent right away. A few little tables with white and blue gingham tableclothes and lots of flags. Pictures of the royal family and a kitchen! Right there! and the red headed chef, a lady, yes... cooks discreetly for you. She used to be Chef to Fergie. Imagine that... and noe she is here with her family and you are so lucky... the quiches are to die for... especially the onion and bacon one! and the salads are so colorful and fresh. The fruit is juicy. The flag coffee mugs piping hot warm you. You leave the place belly full, mind at ease, and believing you had just travelled.

Reviewed 5 February 2015 via mobile

Just paid a visit to Cook's today. We had seen it on trip advisor so decided to check it out while we are visiting the area.. Being a Brit who resides in the USA it was lovely to find somewhere with a lot of home comfort foods. For a smaller establishment they had an extensive menu and a big selection of British chocolate, crisps etc. It was certainly a busy place. Lots of people picking up food to go. Very friendly staff. Will certainly visit one more time before we leave the area.

Been to Cook's? Share your experiences!