“Poor service and room quality”

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
Ranked #121 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We were very dissatisfied with our stay.

- Upon arrival, I waited 2 minutes before the front desk agent, who was not helping anyone, to even acknowledge me. There were no smiles and it was a horrible first impression. The lady at the front desk the next day wasn't much friendlier. Never saw either smile.

- No daily housekeeping, so we had to bring our towels downstairs to get new ones.

- The rooms are oddly configured. The bed was no more than one foot away from the wall. The shelf next to the bed took up a lot of space.

- No sound insulation!!! We could hear the conversations in the room next to us, and they were not speaking all that loudly. Also, whoever was above us sounded like they were moving furniture all night.

- No coffee maker in room or a coffee machine, outside of "breakfast". Breakfast was basically granola bars...

- Found our smoke alarm behind the TV, not hooked up.

- The location is good, though. It was easily accessible to where we needed to be and near the International Mall.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ylana A
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take guest feedback seriously, as it allows us to continue to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your review and will be taking the necessary steps to ensure the issues you described do not occur in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Hello good evening my name is Marckington Petit-Homme Jr & I will like to get information on how to file a formal complaint in reference to this stay this past weekend at one of your Tampa, Fl locations.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank markingtonp
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thank you for being our guest and letting us know about your stay. We apologize for not delivering the experience you expected. Please contact our Hotel Management's office directly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to leave you with a better impression of our hotel. We hope to have a second chance to provide you with the excellent service you should have received on this visit. Thanks again for being our guest.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel two weeks while working in the area. I was greeted by Sondra upon arrival and she quickly checked me in and provided me with my room keys. When I arrived at my room, I found there were no pots and pans, no dishes and no silverware in the room. When I asked for these items at the front desk, I was told they were out of pots and pans. However, I was provided with the pots and pans the next evening.

My room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Cleaning service for my room was once during the two week period. Extra cleanings were available for an extra fee of $10 per cleaning. I did have to use the provided plunger twice when the toilet wouldn't flush.

The pool area was pretty well kept and had a grill for guest use. The pool area was quiet and a nice place to just sit, unwind and relax. I didn't use the pool, but it appeared clean and I did see a pool cleaning service taking care of the pool once during my stay.

They do provide 24 hour coffee for their guests. Breakfast only consists of individually wrapped muffins and granola bars. There is also no business center to print boarding passes or documents, but keep in mind, this is a budget hotel. They do have a shuttle to and from the airport which is only about 5 minutes away. There is a laundry room that appeared clean and tidy.

I could very plainly hear a party going on in the room next to me one night while walking in the hallway. However, when I arrived in my room, I could no longer hear the party people. My room was very quiet each night of my stay.

The only real negative thing was I started seeing roaches crawling across my floor the last two evenings of my stay. I reported this to the front desk and was told she would call a pest control company to spray.

The staff is very friendly and will assist you in any way possible, especially Sandra. During my stay, Sandra went above and beyond to make my stay more comfortable. Thank you Sandra!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thanks for evaluating your stay. We are glad to read you liked the spaciousness of your room and the attentive service provided by our Sandra. We will share your compliments with her. That being said, we are for the cleanliness issue you had while here and regret the inconvenience it caused. Your feedback will help us to improve our future guest experiences. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The hotel is about 10 mins from the aiport and 20 mins or so from Downtown Tampa. The room I stayed was very clean and the layout is very spacious- single queen bed layout. I did not try the grab and go breakfast but the wifi was good for my work emails. Only thing that was a "down side" was the tub did not drain quickly but that is not a deal breaker to me.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Debra, thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read that you liked our ideal location and your clean & comfortable room. However, we are sorry for the issues you had with your tub and the inconvenience it caused. We hope the positive aspects of your stay will bring you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

If you are looking for an affordable quick stay, this hotel is a good option. Rooms are spacious. Separate living and sleeping area. Full size fridge and oven. Good place if you're staying for some time. There is a strip club across the street. If you are a female traveling alone, the guys I saw roaming this hotel would have made me very uncomfortable if I didn't have a male co worker with me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback. We are happy you liked our affordable rates and your well-equipped room. However, we are sorry if any inconvenience was caused to you while you were here. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Management

Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
0.5 km away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
0.5 km away
Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
3.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
0.7 km away
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport
1.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Airport Avion Park Westshore
1 km away
TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Address: 1805 N West Shore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607-3906 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #121 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range: $146 - $235 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa