“Great Cuban Neighborhood Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Habanos On The Creek
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Hey, this is not a fancy-schmancy place, but it's worth the visit if you are looking for delicious, non-pretentious, Cuban food at reasonable prices. It's about half way between Miami and Key West and a great spot to take a meal break. We ordered Cuban wraps (two chicken, one beef) and we were delighted when out came three plates with what looked like aluminum foil wrapped boat fenders, cut in two. Fresh fried chips and this huge delight that included a mix of rice, chicken onions, tomatoes, all sorts of yummy things. Wonderfull! Will go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank skipmays

Reviewed 13 March 2017

After a successful fishing trip with Reel Mell-O Charters, I walked across the dock to Habano's where they expertly and deliciously prepared my catch. Their beer battered fried fish is some of the best I've had anywhere. Few things are better than enjoying your fresh catch while sitting next to the water. I'll be back, for sure!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

One of our local favorite lunch spots. Great view of the creek and the spectacular marina murals. Quaint hole in the wall with pretty extensive menu and daily specials. Super friendly and accommodating staff. Delicious large portions at very reasonable prices. My favorite Cuban press on Tavernier only $7.99. Saturday and Sunday special is a big pile of the most sensational fried rice. Shrimp with green sauce is to die for. Everything is good, good, good and where else in the Keys can you get a fabulous lunch with a great view for under $10 per person?!!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Excellent grilled fish sandwiches after a nice day fishing. Service was top notch and the views cannot be beat.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Best little hole in the wall bait tackle/ restaurant in the Keys. I had the peppered steak, Black beans and rice and French fries and it was only $10.99. If I had an extra stomach I'd have ordered it again because it's so good!
The fries were perfectly crispy and the view was beautiful! We came by boat, and will come back again soon!