“Excellent food”

Add it.
Habanos On The Creek
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I had lunch here recently while on a wreck diving trip with friends. The food was excellent as was the service. I would definitely recommend eating here if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I was scouting Habanos ahead of the arrival of my two buddies because one of my friends tends to order ropa vieja.

I looked at the menu and asked, but they don't make it. I ordered a Cuban steak sandwich which came with fries and a beverage.

The inside of the restaurant is small, the staff was accommodating.

The sandwich was okay, I wasn't enamored with the fries. I felt the prices were too high compared to the value and other nearby Cuban restaurants.

While I was waiting for my order, one of the kitchen staff was fishing in the cut and actually caught a small barracuda. Only in the Keys.

I'm unaware if there is a bathroom; possibly next door at the marina.

I doubt that my friends will want to go, but I did get a menu.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Hey, this is not a fancy-schmancy place, but it's worth the visit if you are looking for delicious, non-pretentious, Cuban food at reasonable prices. It's about half way between Miami and Key West and a great spot to take a meal break. We ordered Cuban wraps (two chicken, one beef) and we were delighted when out came three plates with what looked like aluminum foil wrapped boat fenders, cut in two. Fresh fried chips and this huge delight that included a mix of rice, chicken onions, tomatoes, all sorts of yummy things. Wonderfull! Will go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank skipmays
Reviewed 13 March 2017

After a successful fishing trip with Reel Mell-O Charters, I walked across the dock to Habano's where they expertly and deliciously prepared my catch. Their beer battered fried fish is some of the best I've had anywhere. Few things are better than enjoying your fresh catch while sitting next to the water. I'll be back, for sure!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

One of our local favorite lunch spots. Great view of the creek and the spectacular marina murals. Quaint hole in the wall with pretty extensive menu and daily specials. Super friendly and accommodating staff. Delicious large portions at very reasonable prices. My favorite Cuban press on Tavernier only $7.99. Saturday and Sunday special is a big pile of the most sensational fried rice. Shrimp with green sauce is to die for. Everything is good, good, good and where else in the Keys can you get a fabulous lunch with a great view for under $10 per person?!!!!