“Decidedly elegant dining at the beach”

The Pearl Restaurant
Price range: US$17 - US$36
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Superb food & service with a very ecletic menu.
Reviewed 1 July 2018

The fare is a mixture of Moroccan and american. The lamb was delicious and my husband's Red Fish Etouffee was scrumptious.

1  Thank sheridaw2017

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Food here is excellent, had the best escargot appetizer that I ever have eaten. Their selection of entrees is excellent and the quality of the food and service is top notch

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Two years ago I gave this restaurant a glowing review, but only four stars. That's because I'm conservative with my praise and my four stars is equal to five stars from most people. Having dined at The Pearl many times in the last two years (we live nearby) my enthusiasm for the place has only grown. Last night the fresh red snapper with lobster/saffron sauce was simply superb. So I resolved to revisit tripadvisor and give The Pearl five stars as it deserves.

What follow is my review from two years ago. I see no reason to change a word of it; just an extra star.

"You know how, once in a while, you open the menu and think, "I want to try everything." That's the Pearl. Chef Karim is expert at Mediterranean cuisine, like fish tagine, baked with tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, Moroccan spices & fresh herbs. But there are plenty of alternatives. Do you fancy coquilles St. Jacques? Superb! How about fettucini tossed with peas and wild mushrooms in a Cognac cream sauce? If you can finish it, you're a better man than I. I've never had a bad meal there.

It's one block off the beach, in a strip center. But when you're inside with the gleaming candles, you'll feel a world away. Highly recommended."

2  Thank strugglinlee
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Our dinner group had dinner at The Pearl last night. I had heard good things about it but only 2 of our party of 8 had been there before and that was years ago. We arrived about 20 minutes prior to our reservation and had a glass of wine at the bar. The bartender was pleasant and informative. We were seated on time. Our server was Allison and was very attentive and professional. The food was delicious. I have lived in this area for 8 years now and I will go as far as saying it was the best meal that I have had in Florida. I ordered the seafood crepe which had nice large pieces of assorted seafood in a creamy sauce. We also had a wedge salad and my husband ordered a seafood pasta. Another member of our group ordered the monk fish and loved it. All in all, just a great experience. We will be back.

3  Thank Sunshine31412
thepearl33706, Owner at The Pearl Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you so Much for your review. Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Top service and the food was amazing. Highly recommended. The best restaurant we have been to during our stay on the islands.