“Excellent”

Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cafe Venice is open daily, serving lunch six days a week and dinner every night. For lunch, treat yourself to a Caesar, wedge, or Mediterranean salad or try one of our sandwiches, from a grilled chicken caprese to our own take on a reuben. At dinner, you’ll find exotic tapas such as escargot and duck potstickers, along with entrees like crab-stuffed flounder, filet mignon, and veal medallion. Our dishes boast homemade sauces, and our desserts include vanilla bean creme brulee and keylime pie. We serve a variety of beer, wine and liquor and have recently expanded our wine list to include a reasonably priced Specialty Reserve list. We change this list from time to time, as certain things become more or less available to us, and we would love to hear your suggestions.
Reviewed 29 January 2021 via mobile

Dinner outside was excellent - crab stuffed flounder and shrimp pasta. Server was excellent. Wouldn't recommend sitting at the bar - no social distancing, no masks. But we were by ourselves and felt quite comfortable.

Date of visit: January 2021
kay k, General Manager at Cafe Venice Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback.
We always keep a social distance behind the bar.
Our employees always wear masks. Hope to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (737)

Reviewed 15 January 2021

My lunch was grilled romaine salad with chicken and my husband had crab cake sandwich with pasta salad and we were both very happy with it. Their menu had many more items that I would try next time. It took awhile for service but the food was very good. We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 27 November 2020

Well-done Cafe Venice! For the first time, well, in forever, I did not cook my Thanksgiving dinner, nor did we have company because of COVID. My DH saw your ad for a full turkey dinner, including delivery. We chose our sides and added an appetizer. All I can say is we were impressed with every single bit of the meal, from the amazing beets as starters, to the moist turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, etc. The portions were generous, the price fair and delivery was right on time.
I hope you plan on doing this every year, because I'm never going to cook turkey again! Thank you!

1  Thank sippican
kayk269, General Manager at Cafe Venice Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2020

Thank you so much for your review, we are trying to do our best.

Reviewed 15 November 2020

I have been to Cafe Venice many times. Last night, the live band was so loud in a small space that I considered leaving, it was unbearably loud to the point at which I could not hear my waitress. I will not go back if there is live music.
My Caesar salad very good except the croutons were stale; very stale, additionally, the pecans in my wife's salad were also stale; something that small can change an opinion.
My crab-stuffed flounder was very good and the sauce was a great complement. My wife's roasted duck was great; five stars. Even the green beans were delicious. I love this place but some things are slipping through the cracks.

Reviewed 10 November 2020

So glad my friend Kathy wanted to try this place, since she had never been and for me it had been over a year, so I was happy to return.

We both ordered the QUICHE OF THE DAY, which consisted of a quiche filled with SPINACH, CHEESE and I believe maybe some Broccoli. Excellent!

We were offered a side of either soup or salad, and we both chose soups, albeit different ones. She wanted to try the TOMATO BASIL soup and I went for the BROCCOLI CREAM soup, both very tasty.

CHAD was our most attentive server and we could not have asked for better!!!

I also must mention how GREAT their coffee was, nice and strong, robust, not bitter. Really, really great coffee!

All in all a lovely luncheon to remember - so I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!!!