“Sugar Free BBQ SAUCE - A+”
Review of Gold Rush BBQ

Gold Rush BBQ
Ranked #12 of 219 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gold Rush BBQ provides Ribs, Chickens, Steaks, Seafood, Pulled Pork and Sugar Free Barbeques to the Venice, FL area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Can I just say “Stevia Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce”! As a diabetic, I was thrilled that my meal was prepared with sugar free sauce, and there were two choices of stevia sweetened sauce on the table. The Stevia Sweet Heat is delicious, and I enjoyed my meal so much. I was thrilled that when I asked about purchasing some of the sauce that the person who seemed to be the manager offered me their card with their website information.

We had great service both times we visited. I am hooked!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Chopped pork was flavorless without sauce. Mahi mahi was also flavorless. Service was Millennial.
Estimated ten minute wait was 20 minutes. No masks SHOCK!!! The dude asked for what side I wanted. I said onions. He said that’s not a side. Ok, said I; tell me what sides you have. He rattled them off in total boredom. Wait, did I say he was a Millennial.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

We've ate here 4 or 5 times and always say EXCELLENT! Dine in and get ice cold beer in a frosty mug.$1.49

Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

We have loved Gold Rush in past years of our snowbird visits. This year we have not visited any restaurants eat-in; only carry out. Yesterday we were at a beach south of Venice and called ahead for a Mother Lode carry out for our dinner.
The ribs were only fair as they were fairly dry and not very meaty. The chicken was good as were the sides and cornbread.
I have really enjoyed their ribs in the past, and if we had been dining in, I would have told the server of the not so good ribs.
I guess my lesson of the day is, if you want good ribs, order them for dinner so they are fresh and moist.
I hate to say anything negative because the pandemic has made challenges for all restaurants.
We will try Gold Rush again next year when we will dine in.

Reviewed 19 March 2021

It was a Thursday night, and the special of All You Can Eat St. Louis Spare Ribs was offered. Two of our party of 4 ordered the ribs. They were very meaty and tasty, and served with 2 sides. We ordered cornbread and BBQ beans, sweet potato fries, baked pineapple& cheese and mac & cheese. Needless to say, we didn't leave hungry. The other 2 people in our group ordered beef brisket and catfish dinners (not all you can eat). Those meals were excellent also.

Our server, Eric, was great. Very helpful in explaining all the food options available. He made sure we didn't run out of ribs. We appreciated that. He also had a very cheerful and pleasant disposition which added to the enjoyment of eating at Gold Rush.

Overall, this is one of the best restaurants I have frequented and I've visited many, many restaurants..