All reviewstime shareone bedroom unitfacing the streetgas bbqshot tubevacation spotsmall studioolder placepool and hot tubpickle barhouse keepingfull kitchenon a daily basisfront officerooms are cleannice place to staylocation is excellent
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We first went to Reef Ocean on an Interval International timeshare exchange. It's a long story, but let's leave it that they put us in a claustrophobic hotel style room with a galley kitchen, no view, no privacy that would have left us absolutely miserable.

If you are considering a timeshare exchange for this property, that is what you will get unless you pay a large upgrade fee. That's the good- news-bad news. We bit the bullet and paid the additional $400 to save our vacation. It was a great choice! We had a lovely one-bedroom with a balcony, small kitchen and view of the pool and ocean. We loved it so much that we have bought our own timeshare unit there -- right on the ocean!

Reef Ocean is a fairly dated property. There is absolutely noting pretentious about it. The furnishings are basic and adequate. Ditto for the kitchen. We found it very comfortable and met some interesting people.

The big draw is the beautiful and isolated stretch of beach and the fact that the patios of the oceanfront units (100 and 500 rooms) are steps from the sand. We loved it that the resort is very concerned about the welfare of the nesting sea turtles there, to the point where they ask forks to keep their lights off at night or curtains closed to prevent disturbances to nesting moms.

We absolutely fell in love with Bobby's, the on-premise restaurant. It had the best prime rib ever--a huge portion for a very reasonable price that they allows us to split.

Room Tip: Go for a 100 or 500 unit--these are the ones that face the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I would not recommend this place. Everywhere on property employees are smoking & my family continually had to walk through clouds of smoke just to get to pool or beach and to get upstairs to room. There are big buckets of cigarette butts located on sidewalks & it's disgusting. Also, the pool is extremely hot for Florida summer & I was told it's heated, which makes it miserable. Definitely not staying here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank hotelguest123456789
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Very good location but found roaches in the room on two times during my stay,would not recommend. also had a exhaust fan stop working in the bathroom n wasn't repaired until 4days later after I told them again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Im reluctant to post this review as I want to preserve the magic of this place.
It is as the title suggests, the last bastion of family friendly affordable oceanfront accomodations with kitchen and amenities on-site or nearby. The entire complex is low-rise with the 100 & 500 buildings facing the ocean; fellow patrons are for the most part middle aged and older --which translates to no late-night revelers & a peaceful old-school vibe. And did I mention its affordable? Kinda makes me harken back to my youth in the 1970s on Kauai in those 2 story oceanfront condos with my family. And the rates, too!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

the front desk crew is the worst..most unfriendly in Vero.i say this after years of dealing with them. they treated me like i was always a bother..always . i wont name names but this goes back over 20 years.no good things to say about them.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple