US$75
Fairfield Inn & Suites Venice(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$84
HIExpress.com
Best Western Plus Ambassador Suites Venice(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$82
Englewood Bay Motel & Apartments(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$65
Sun Coast Inn(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$69
Sun Life Beach Hotel(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$75
Days Inn by Wyndham Port Charlotte(Port Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$79
Pearl Beach Inn(Englewood)
US$197
All reviewspool and hot tubfull size refrigeratorcorner showercoffee makerkitchenettefloridarooflineshuffleboardfurnitureupgradesstovehilton
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I cannot believe anyone can give this motel a positive review unless the rooms are vastly different. We were in room 25 and it was awful. The plaster was coming off the walls, there was a HOLE in the bathroom door (which appeared to be made of cardboard), there was mold in the shower, pieces of the 50’s tile were falling off the wall into the shower and the 6” gap between the shower and the vanity appeared not to have been cleaned EVER. It was dirty and there was even a small shampoo bottle laying there. The sliding screen doors didn’t function correctly and the blinds were broken. Towels were literally gray. Those are the good points.

The TV had a horrible shadow which prevented you from watching it. People came & went at all hours of the night. Sound carried easily from one room to the other. And to make matters worse, for what you got, it was fairly expensive. Almost $90 before taxes.

I am guessing the only reason this place stays in business is because of the lack of hotels in the area. From reading the reviews of the other hotel, this one was the best.

This could be a really attractive motel. It has a very cool 50’s vibe in the building and the rooms. It has a central patio area with a pool, shuffleboard, etc. But it needs to be cleaned up and maintained. If I were you, I’d drive 30 more minutes!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travel1952
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This may be a small motel from the past. But a stay here is so relaxing, there is no hustle or bustle. You stay because the atmosphere is peaceful, you do not want to leave. The motel staff is wonderful! The rooms are clean and comfortable. Again yes it is a motel from the past but when you are on vacation it is all about the warm comfortable feeling.
Like a hug.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We have stayed here before a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Our stay this time was very concerning. We stayed in a room on the back of the hotel and there were "traffic" to a room all night long. I will not stay there again because of "safety" reasons.

The first room we went in had no water. Had to transfer to another room.

Room Tip: Stay out of this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We actually checked in, went to our room and it smelled SO BAD we went back and asked for a different room. They didn’t have any. A non English speaking man came back to our room and said that he had sprayed it. Yes, it certainly smelled like chemicals. We opened the windows and patio door and left for dinner. When we came back my husbands eyes watered and we were coughing. We checked out and drove two more hours to our destination. Never again will we stay here.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The air conditioning went out at our house at 9:45 on a Thursday night and for anyone who knows what it's like in Florida in mid-July, we couldn't stay that night and expect to get a good night's sleep. We called this place to find out if they had any vacancies (their office was to close 15 minutes later) and he said he would wait up for us. The check-in was polite, quick and efficient.

We had room 4 and immediately after opening the door and turning on the lights, the first thing I noticed was that with the air conditioning unit running full blast, there was absolutely no hint of mold or mildew in this motel built in the 1950s, from the look of it. I am super-sensitive to mold and if there had been any, I would have known. The room was immaculate. The walls were painted green with the coolest white ceiling I have ever experienced in any motel or hotel, very high and following the unique roofline. The furniture all had marble-type tops, there was a sofa bed, a small table and chairs for dining, microwave, and best of all, a full-size refrigerator!! You can't get that at the higher-end hotels like Hiltons and I liked this room much better than all the many higher-end places I've had to stay at for business and conferences. The rooms all surround a courtyard with wall-to-wall sliding glass doors and patio chairs outside your room to relax. The courtyard contains the pool, picnic tables, and shuffleboard if I remember right, we didn't use the courtyard since we had to leave early the next morning and the sun was shining from that direction so it was difficult to see.

The king-size bed was the most comfortable bed either of us had ever slept in, hands down. I wish we had asked the owner what brand it was because we want to buy that brand and medel. The motel was quiet (which says something when you consider that this place is on a major highway) although the wall air conditioner was naturally little louder than our home's central air.

I took a lot of pictures with my phone camera that unfortunately won't send to my computer (so I can't post them here), especially of the bathroom which I plan to use for decorating inspiration. There was a tile floor medallion, large-tile walls, an eco-friendly dual-flush toilet, and a corner shower stall. FYI the water in the toilet bowl was slightly yellow-brown because of the minerals in it because the Warm Mineral Springs Motel is right next door to the Warm Mineral Springs that is full of--you guessed it--minerals. The shower took a couple of minutes to heat up, typical of our area (and I assume they're on a well like most of North Port), but once it got hot, it was nice and hot. The toiletries were Good Day brand made in China and a shampoo/conditioner made in India, all motel-size but they were a nice quality soap that lathered up nicely.

Our only disappointment was that we weren't relaxing at this motel longer, for a vacation.

If you want a unique, quiet, family-owned place for a good night's sleep and a home-away-from-home experience, stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple