“A Relaxed Atmosphere and Good Food”
Review of La Fogata

La Fogata
Ranked #28 of 174 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We were looking for Mexican food. This choice turned out to be quite good.

The atmosphere was very open, unpretentious, relaxing and comfortable. Service was quick and good.

We had the Guacamole - it was tasty and not too spicy. Adding some salsa made al gusto. The tostaditas were fresh, crunchy and a good vehicle for dipping.

We had the Seafood Fajitas with Dos Equis to wash things down and the Tijuana Tacos with Pinot Gris - worked just fine.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

La Fogata is a family owned restaurant in the heart of Wellington. It is a local favorite of residents and polo enthusiasts alike. The atmosphere is vibrant and familiar...like your own personal corner spot where you meet your friends after work. The staff are all attentive and professional as they greet and seat you. Chips and homemade salsa are always complimentary. The guacamole is fresh and seasoned perfectly. And the queso is smooth and creamy with of choice of additional meats should you choose.

The menu is filled with all the Mexican favorites you would expect and then some additional selections that are worthy of you choosing. The linguine problano crema is the best Italian dish you ever had...and yes, it is from a Mexican restaurant. Other personal favorites are carne asada, enchillada suizas, and a bowl of pollo soup.

The margaritas have been voted the best in town several years now. They are strong and tangy with no bite after each sip. You will never need to add a shot to the margaritas. Happy Hour is the best time to visit, but anytime of day is good for La Fogata. Expect a wait during polo season on the weekends and dinner service, but just enjoy a drink at the bar.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I could make this as good at home; but, I would miss the friendly staff and the
happy hour margaritas ; )

The beef enchiladas are excellent with an amazing cheese sauce. The prices
are fair for this area, and with the excellent rice & refried beans the portions are very ample. We have had many good dishes here and want them to
continue to excel. Very clean place (restrooms, booths, bar).

I wish they would have a monthly special Mexican dinner..but I don't mean
menudo/tripe.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I can't believe that this restaurant still open. I went for the second time after 3 years, just hoping that the food improved and it is the most disgusting Mexican food in palm beach county. I wasn't alone, I went with my family and all of us got sick. The meat tasted like blood. Asquerosa! We paid like $150 with 3 adults and 3 kids. No alcohol beverage. You figured.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Consistently good food, great staff, cold drinks, hot food, chicken Ixctapa my favorite. Servers are attentive , great ceviche and salsa