“Renovated, Open Again, Still Wonderful!”

Indus Indian & Herbal Cuisine
Ranked #58 of 736 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Food, a basic necessity of every living being to survive. Healthy food? It is to make sure every living being lives healthy. It matters what we eat! That is what Indus specializes in. We combine the finest herbs & spices with healthy ingredients to create flavors that both delight and are healthy to your body. Our food is prepared with spices and herbs that not only give aroma and flavor to food but has myriads of medicinal and naturally nutritious. We look forward to providing you with a culinary experience that combines the best Indian food & hospitality in town!
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I found this restaurant when someone wrote a review about a different restaurant and said it couldn't compare to Indus. I went that night. I live in Delray Beach, so it is about a half hour ride, but well worth it. They closed down for renovation and were closed for quite awhile. I started to worry that I was losing my favorite restaurant, but they did reopen. The entire place was renovated and all the furnishings updated. It looks great! The food is still delicious, the staff still friendly and helpful.

They have all of my favorite dishes, but they taste better than any I've had before! I love the Baingan Bharta and Palak Paneer with Garlic Naan and a Mango Lassie (yum!). I also love the complimentary Poppadum with three chutneys to enjoy. Everything is so good that I can't wait to go back! By now, the whole staff knows me, I've been there so often.

They have a lunch buffet, too, every day starting at 11:30 am, so I go every Saturday for lunch. The buffet is great, because they have appetizers to try (my favorite is Purim Puri), a small salad bar, usually two soups (Sambar is my favorite), Rice and some kind of Biryani. There are great main dishes, including some Dal, Chicken Tikka Massala, Tandoori Chicken, and a bunch of other rotating main dishes, like Fish Curry (delicious), Goat Curry (very nicely done), Baingan Bharta (my favorite), Channa Masala, Vegetable Manchurian, a bunch of other veggie curries I can't spell, but they are very tasty, too! It is served with piping hot Naan bread. Usually two desserts are served as well. I love the Rice Pudding and the Mango Mousse and the Chocolate Mousse and... Also, there is complimentary hot tea. The buffet is a great place to start, because you can sample a lot of things on the menu and find out your favorites for when you go there for dinner.

The owner is very friendly and welcoming and the staff are top notch! Very friendly folks, very helpful, very accommodating! You will love Indus! I never miss a weekend, and if I lived closer, I would go there for lunch every day! After all, people from India eat Indian food every day, right?

If you enjoy a cocktail, beer, or wine with your meal, they have a full bar, as well. They also do a lot of take out, and they have a party room as well.

It is located just across Congress Avenue east of the Palm Beach Outlet Mall, a block north of Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard. You can shop and enjoy a delicious meal at INDUS.

If you love great Indian food, this is the place to be!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Food was ok but owner' attitude sucks. Arrogant and unfriendly. Did not respect customers. Oh well, too bad he doesnt understand customer service. Was not a pleasant experience after spending $250.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Spent the night in West Palm and decide to try this restaurant.

Ambience: Very well done interiors sporting a pleasant and welcoming look. The restaurant has a fully stocked bar. I personally loved the soft music playing in the background. Was non intrusive yet kept the mood alive. Was a nice touch. Shared parking with other establishments is available.

Service : was great! The waiter gave me a run down of their most popular dishes. He served the drinks and masala papad with chutneys. He continued to check with me if I needed anything.

Food : Their signature goat dum biryani was sold out so I ordered the regular goat biryani. The biryani turned out to be excellent. I asked for a spicy preparation and the chef made sure to make it the right way. Was very impressed. One suggestion is to offer saalan along with the raitha.

Pricing : Definitely on the higher side in comparison to similar restaurants even in Tier 1 cities. But there was good value for the money.

Will I return? : Absolutely!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The food at Indus is FANTASTIC! I can’t say enough about this wonderful, authentic Indian restaurant in West Palm Beach. It seems a little hard to find, but well worth the effort. It is only steps from the Palm Beach Outlet Mall and is actually walkable from there if you cross the street. My husband and I go primarily for the lunch buffet, which is the best we have ever had. The variety of delicious Indian dishes is varied and changes from time to time, so we usually have something different to try. The beauty of the buffet is that you get to sample all of their delicious dishes, then come back for dinner sometime and indulge in your favorite. The have salads, entrees and desserts on the buffet and they accompany it all with fresh, hot Naan bread which is over the top! The service is always professional and you can hardly put down your glass without it being refilled. The prices are very reasonable and the buffet is the very best value. I want you to try this wonderful West Palm Beach establishment for yourself and enjoy the experience. Indus is the best Indian food around!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Great selection of food on the lunch buffet, some days more than others. The dessert is nice also. Never had a bad meal here, good friendly service, and delicious food, if you like Indian.