“Great lunch buffet--reasonably priced.”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #76 of 744 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This place doesn't look like much in a strip mall just West of the Turnpike on Okeechobee. The buffet lunch had plenty of tasty authentic options and was only $11. I particularly enjoyed the chicken curry and another chicken dish. The Naan was fresh and wonderful. This is a casual place and service was friendly.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Went to this place for a buffet lunch. Moderate ambience with bit of Indian dressing on the wall. Food is tasty though the spread is not great. But considering the cost, I would say very good value for money.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived a bit early before opening time so we waited in our car. That's the first don't ever do. Service was awful. From no one coming to our table to asking my husband for what he wanted to drink while she ignored me completely. To nothing for the table until asked for. To having to ask for a second glass of wine 3 times. The chicken tikka having 5 pieces of chicken with a bowl full of sauce. I am so sad because I truly love Indian food but I refuse to spend money and not receive service.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I hadn't been to this place in years, and wanted to try it again. My wife and I arrived shortly after they opened on Sunday. Only two other tables in the restaurant had patrons. The greeting was awkward, and we were shown to a table. The server arrived with some pieces of poppadom and sauces and asked if we wanted to start with an appetizer. We said no, and that we would go straight to the main course, which seemed to put her off. I ordered the Tandoori Mixed Grill, which is a $25 menu item that easily feeds two. I figured that might cheer her up, but no such luck. In retrospect, we should have ordered an appetizer, as our main courses took quite some time (in excess of 30 minutes) to arrive. Mine arrived first, with a quick mention that my wife's dish--Chicken Madras--would be out shortly. A few minutes later, the Naan arrived, again with a mention of my wife's dinner which still had not arrived. Five minutes later, hers came out. She loved the taste of her dish, but mine was almost devoid of any meaningful "taste of India." It was basically just cooked meat--something that could have easily been reproduced on my backyard grill, and for a lot less money. When we did finish, it took another several minutes to get the check, and then another several to get them to process the payment. Sadly, I remember the service and food as much better, and with other superior Indian restaurants in the area, there's simply no reason for me to return.

1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Tried Taste of India this week after hearing how good it is. We were not disappointed. We order the lamb samosas, garlic naan, lamb biriyani and the the lamb sheskabob, which was not available, so lampb chops were substituted. The samosas were just ok, so I was a little worried, but the garlic naan was pure perfection. My husband's biryani came out way before my chops, but that wasn't a problem at all. The portions are unbelivably large, so I recommend sharing. My platter with the lamp chops consisted of 4 large double cut lamb hops (a whole rack), the best daal I've ever had plus roasted vegetables. I would eat bowlfuls of that daal just by itself, but the lamb chops were perfectly seasoned and cooked. we went home with half the biryani and half the lamb. Lunch for two days. We meet the owner and he was lovely. He suggested that we try their buffet, which I think we will do next week because he said it gives you a chance to sample several different dishes and see what you like. This is a definite add to our dining out rotation. Give it a try if you're in the area.