All reviewssteam roomhot tubwilton driveother guestsguest housefort lauderdalewaterfront roommain pool iscontinental breakfast issalt water poolsmaller poolgay hotelstropical oasisroad noisegay menmiddle riverthe entire resort
Reviewed 14 March 2018

My husband and I were well taken care of here. The entire staff is very friendly and they all always have a big smile on their faces. Says a lot for management. Especially sweet heart Tim. Salt water pool wonderful. Hot tub nice, but jets don't work well. Steam room ok, would be nice if shower in there worked. Room very nice and housekeeping does a wonderful job. It is a little odd set up with the parking lot in the middle, which others have mentioned, but honestly got used to that quickly and was no issue what so ever. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Really special place with super staff in a magical setting. This was my first visit to the USA and I am glad that I chose Cabanas for my 2 week stay. An easy and safe walk to Wilton Drive. Hot tub is hot and great at night under the stars and the two pools are nice.
I had a very relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018

As all other resort near the beach are owned by 2 companies this hidden gem is privately owned which whows in excellent service, friendly staf and cleaners and helpful. Really enjoyed staying at The Cabana's. With 2 pools and 1 Jacuzzi an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinPostUiterweer
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights, a winter leisure trip to get out of the cold and relax in the sun. This was my first visit to this property. I chose Cabanas because of the online reviews and because of the amenities listed on the website. Now I wish I'd looked closer, beyond the glowing reviews and "best of" awards.

BEST FEATURE: I had a great experience at the Spa. Christian was an excellent masseuse.

THE GOOD: Staff was polite and accommodating. The grounds themselves were nicely landscaped and well maintained. I appreciated having a salt water pool so that I didn't have to be in chlorine all day; the hot tub was a nice size and the right temp; the smaller second pool was relaxing and quiet; having a steam room was a nice addition.

THE SO SO/NOT SO GOOD: The breakfast is adequate but nothing to get excited about; the layout of the place is weird, with the parking lot being right in the middle of things (I know that nothing can be done about this, but it's something that a potential visitor might want to consider); my room was fine, but certainly not luxurious or anything that conveyed "resort" (towels, plastic glasses, decor, toiletries, etc are all very average); as others have mentioned, this property is on a busy and sometimes noisy road (again, nothing that management can do about that, but something for potential customers to consider). All of these should be considered in light of the price, which is not cheap.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT: I booked this place in part because there was nothing on the website that said they admit day pass visitors. Obviously, for some people being at a place that includes day trippers is a plus (a way to meet locals, etc). However, I was specifically looking for a clothing optional gay resort that does NOT have day pass visitors. Personally I find that they change the vibe of the entire place, including creating a potential crowd (I watched more than once as a paying hotel guest walked out to the pool to enjoy their stay, only to turn around because there were no seats/loungers left due to all the day trippers). Again, there is nothing wrong with having a day pass available, HOWEVER, I wish that that was made clear on Cabanas website (as it was made clear on the websites of other properties that I considered and eliminated because of this). This misrepresentation resulted in my paying lots of money for an experience that I was not seeking.

FINAL NOTE: This morning I browsed through just the 1 and 2 star reviews on TA (I know, I know, shame on me for not doing that before booking). I noticed that the owner often responds to these in a very defensive manner that often says or implies something is wrong with the reviewer and/or explains away complaints instead of owning up to and addressing problems. The fact that this is how critiques of Cabanas are responded to is very telling, as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank playsb
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing stay , was upgraded to a suite - nice surprise
Amazing clean rooms with very tidy beds and linen
Very nice pools and hot tub
Staff very friendly and helpful
Guests very friendly

We can't wait to go back

London couple