“Great Family Fun!”

and up
Legoland Florida Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I have a 5 year old girl, and 8 year old boy, who fell in love with Legoland. My kids have never been to an amusement park, this was our first family vacation, but it left a lasting impression on them. My daughter cried when it was time to leave!
I would say the highlight was the rollercoasters for them. We went August 14 and 15 and the lines that would normally be an hour long, were less than 5 minutes. They road them over and over again!
The worst ride for them was Ford Driving School, which I was surprised about. I read the reviews and thought that it would be THE THING to do! We spent about 10 minutes in line where they took the kids pictures for their driver's license. We then spent about 5 minutes in a class where they taught the kids about driving safely and gave short instructions. So about 15-20 minutes total before actually getting in the cars. Once in the cars, they drove for approx. 2 minutes before they were done. All that fuss, for such a short experience. The kids were not happy. An extra 3 minutes of drive time would have been sufficent and made greater sense for the amount of time we spent waiting and instruction given. I would have even felt more inclined to pay $18 for the driver's license picture if they made the drive time worth wild. Instead, we moved on. Very forgettable experience.
Ninjago and the World of Chima were defintaley favorites, as well as Project X!

2  Thank lexistrib24
Write a ReviewReviews (7,179)
All reviews
in 185 reviews
"roller coaster"
in 354 reviews

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Great location. You literally walk out of the park and into the hotel. My kids loved the treasure hunt in the room. When they finally figured out the secret code which is the combo to the safe there were little Lego sets and activity books and juice. Nice touch. Elevator disco is hilarious and the kids love getting on every time. There was a big castle in the middle of the hotel where some of the staff come and keep the kids entertained at night. There is a bar to order food and drinks which is a great way to end the day. It overlooks the castle area where the kids are playing. You can trade minifigures with everyone that works there. Breakfast was ok. Open buffet. A bit busy but not a long wait. Room also comes with free shaded parking. The rooms feel a bit like they need a refresher. The major downfall of this hotel was the price. It is unbelievably overpriced. In May it was $550 USD with 4 park passes. Two weeks ago in August it was $430 without passes. Doesn't make sense. I ended up staying at Legoland beach retreat for $195 and had a much better time. They should consider dropping the hotel price.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I visited the park on 08/12/2017 @ about 3:30pm
When me and my family arrived at Legoland, everyone was leaving because the supervisor/staff was shutting down the amusement rides. I asked the supervisor if it was okay for me to change my ticket for another day since they were shutting down the rides, the supervisor told me no and that it was only the water park that was shutting down. However, another employee standing next to the supervisor was telling the visitors at his window that all of the outside rides were shutting down due to the storm. The supervisor was in ear-shot of that employee, yet she continued to tell me and my family that the water park is the only area shutting down. Since the supervisor stated i could not use my ticket for another day, me and my family just went into the park. Guess what, majority of the rides were shut down and my family was only able to get on two rides. I will not waste my money again on Legoland.

3  Thank warechristina
Management response:Responded 22 August 2017

Hello and thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

Please send us a message at LLF.Experience@LEGOLAND.com and copy in this reply as I'd like to speak with you further about your experiences.

Your Brick Reference number is 2656781.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a Bricktastic day!

Cristen F.
Guest Communications
LEGOLAND Florida Resort

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We added the 14 day Legoland pass to our Disney tickets as it was only a £10 each additional cost. From our past experience of this venue I would not have bothered if were not for the price. On arrival we were surprised at how empty the car park was and there were no queues for rides. Our 5 year old loved it and he went on move rides in a morning than he has in 3 visits to Windsor. The park has improved since we last visited, it looks cleaner (especially the toilets) and there are a couple of new rides. The staff (not all, the older ones were great and true advocates of 'silver service') still need an injection of enthusiasm, urgency and good customer service. It took so long just to get a coffee or an ice cream and the place was empty.

If you can get a cheap deal on this it's well worth a visit, but not worth the 93 dollar day ticket entry.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We visited with our 9 year old grandson and he loved the place! We were able to buy reduced tickets online using our AAA membership. The park is clean, the food decent with free ice water for the asking. The day we visited was extremely hot and it was nice to find air conditioned shows and restaurants to break the heat.

My only complaint is with the photo pass. My son purchased this pass for $48.00 and was told there were photographers throughout the park. We had our photo taken as a family at the entrance to the park and received photos from a couple of the roller coaster rides. My grandson saw only two characters during the day and neither of those photos appeared in our package online. We were given a receipt at some places but not others. We only saw one additional place to have photos taken as a family in the park. At the end of the day I think we had 10 photos maximum and some were the same photo with added borders. We felt this was a total waste of money. Maybe we were spoiled by our experience with both Disney and Universal photo passes that we have purchased in the past. If you truly do not have the technology to provide this service maybe it should not be offered.