“Great spot for breakfast any time of day”
Review of The Briar Patch

The Briar Patch
Ranked #11 of 347 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We loved the atmosphere and the decor. It's well laid out so it's actually hard to tell how big it is. The mirrors and beveled glass add to the illusion. Most tables feel cozy and fairly private.
We went for a mid-afternoon lunch/dinner and had mixed reactions. My husband was not entirely pleased with the menu, but I thought it was great. He ended up with an omelette which was a better choice than my vegetarian quesadilla. My meal was good but his looked fantastic.
Our waitress was positively lovely. I wish I knew her name. It was a pleasant, relaxing meal.
Do NOT miss the cake. At $10 a slice, it's pricey but more than enough for 2. We took ours home and the 2 of us couldn't finish the one slice in a sitting.
We will go again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This is a cute and expensive (for breakfast) small restaurant. It's very cute, a bit noisy and very crowed on weekends.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Went here for breakfast & was enjoyed by all. Get there early since it fills up fast, worth the wait tho. Staff was super nice & good delicious. Everything on menu was yummy! Highly recommend

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has a fantastic location,nice menu,but,the staff leaves a lot to be desired ,they are not friendly,seem over worked,they forget to smile. We were regulars here for the longest time,but each time it seemed like it was our first time here.Now we find out that they have removed their Traditional breakfast,(egg,s bacon,toast,breakfast potatoes),now you have to order everything a la carte which of course is much more expensive,we will not be returning,we feel like we have given it plenty of time to do better,it just keeps getting worse each time we go,pity!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

There were so many places to eat on North Park Avenue so we took to TripAdvisor for advice and it came up trumps again. There is seating outside under a pergola but it was so hot that we did the sensible thing like everyone else and sat inside. Our server was called Destiny, a student at the local college, and without doubt she was the best server of our stay - really friendly and informative about the town and full of advice about what to see and do. There is lots of choice on the menu and you can eat whatever at whatever time - no cut-off for breakfast items which was good as I fancied the pancakes that someone at the next table was eating and it was a great choice as they were so light and fluffy and topped with loads of pecans. I just had the short stack and I'm not sure how anyone eats a full portion! My husband had the chicken and peach salad which he really enjoyed. All of the food being served looked fantastic though and the enormous cakes in the chiller were just incredible. Great food, great service - we certainly wished we weren't staying so far away so that we could have returned for more of that food.