“Hole in the wall... but wait”

Tuskawilla Breakfast Club
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I have been passing this place for the past two years, ever since moving to the area and it would catch my eye. Thursday afternoon it caught my eye again, but this time because it had a neon sign in the window: "GYROS." Almost directly across the street there is a Zoe's Kitchen that touts Middle Eastern or Greek food and I went in there back in August [not sure if I reviewed it or not] but it seems like a chain and I was not truly impressed. But today, thinking about a gyro for lunch and getting ready to pass through the area again, I started planning my approach. When I first walked through the door, I saw about 24 tables, all full! So my impression was, this is a happening place. Keep in mind, it was Saturday around noon, and it touts of being a breakfast place. I was not greeted at the door, as obviously the place was bustling. I waited a bit and spotted that the four or six seat bar in the back was empty, so I approached. I sat a bit, before being greeted, but shortly thereafter was asked what will I have to drink. I had not thought about a drink, so asked for water and was told "give me a few moments..." I sat there but no one spoke to me, although several of the wait staff and clean up staff congregated there. A table opened up near by, and I got the attention of the gal that gave me water, to ask if it was okay to move to that table. I moved there with my glass of water and she brought me the wrapped straw that I had chosen to leave behind at the bar [by the way, no on else was seated at said bar, and there was a check left to my left from a previous guest] and the gal proceeded to take my order. I told her that I wanted the Gyro Pita with no sides. She told me the cost was the same -disappointment as none of the sides appealed to me, although, fries typically come with a gyro. I said okay and ordered the Gyro. The Gyro was actually good. The pita was soft and very flavorful. The contents were not entirely typical of a gyro. They put lettuce, tomato, onion, tzatziki sauce, which by the way came out to the table late, as they were making up some. All in all, I rate the experience less than average, but might give them a better grade, had I gone there for breakfast. The fact that they touted GYROS in neon got my attention, yet the Gyro experience was less than stellular. It was tasty, but in no way meets a Greek restaurant experience with Gyros, and is far, far from a Middle Eastern Experience with Gyros or Shwarma as it is called in the Middle East. So, I am still searching for the perfect Gyro experience in Florida, but give this breakfast "club" restaurant a 3/5.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This is actually the closest you'll ever get to a diner. The food is inexpensive but always good. Atmosphere a little crowded and loud but it's worth it

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The Tuskawilla Breakfast Club is just around the corner but for whatever reason, we don’t go much. We choose to go today because a friend was meeting us and it’s convenient. We all had a different croissant with eggs, cheese and meat, with home fries and a beverage. We were all happy with our breakfast and I was happier with the bill, $26/with tip

Reviewed 1 February 2018

First time visit on our way to Tampa. The sister Breakfast club in Caaselberry is much better. The breakfast was doable. Eggs over, bacon hash browns. Pancakes, sausage,scrambles eggs. Denver omelete, home fries. Good sevice and good food.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Burnt meat. No onions, very minim on pita. Pita tasted as if it was fried with old grease. Left a nasty taste in your mouth. We both were looking forward to them. Never again!