“Thanks for the Coffee ”

Restaurang Lorudden
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lorudden
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here on a walk around the village. Even yhough we were half an hour before opening the kind staff made us a coffee. Thanks so much. Your restaurant looks lovely, bit we have to keep heading north.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My father grew up here, and we came 7 years ago. I made the childish choice of ordering steak. I mean, it was delicious then and looked delicious now, but having gone from a 20-something manchild to a 30-something father of two I thought I'd order actual seafood in a seafood town. Best choice ever.

I had the Cod, wife had the gravlax, my dad had the Arctic char, sister had the fish soup, kids had the salmon and steak (one each). Thus I think we got one of everything on the menu, near enough. They were all triumphs, with no plate not basically cleared in full. The Cod is a particular triumph in my book. Beautiful perfectly cooked cod, with a smoked bacon lardon-laced red wine sauce. On the side were white asparagus, shrimp and Bernaise sauce. All with a beautiful side of creamy truffle mash. It's not a dish for those looking for a small light dish. But for a big man like me it was perfection.

To finish, ice cream for the kids and raspberry brownies for the adults. My wife wasn't sure about it, but I thought it was glorious. The crisp meringue balances a hefty bittersweet brownie with a tart sorbet to cleanse. The inclusion of a few forest berries ties it all together. Could've eaten 3. As was I ate mine and my wife's leftovers. It was that good.

All told if anyone is in Sundsvall or near, this is a must-visit restaurant in the summer. Top marks.

Utmärkt mat, stort tack!!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Lonely Planet mis-spelled Lörudden, but we are grateful that the guidebook recommended leaving the beaten tourist track for this outstanding waterfront restaurant. The location is a picturesque fishing village at the tip of a peninsula, about 10 curvy miles from the E4 highway. It is not near other attractions, but the food, fresh, creative and delicious, is worth the diversion. Seafood lasagna is especially recommended.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I've been coming to Lörudden many times as a kid, and have warm memories of warm summer days, sounds of seagulls, and scent of fish and ocean. It was wonderful to see this place again. As a kid we went to a restaurant in one of the boat houses, but since that's not been around for the past 10 years, we went to Restaurang Lörudden, a 25 years old restaurant to enjoy our lunch.
The food is outstanding and is up to international high standards. Today the service was a bit inattentive, and the repeating playlist of hit songs, brought down the otherwise flawless experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

A visit to Sundsvall should include a visit to Loruddens restaurant. Their menu has a focus on the sea and with a a small harbor and fishermen close by the place could not have a better location. You'll find the view and the surroundings beautiful and refreshing and the food is great. I'd go so far as to say that they have among the best food you can find locally. They also server vine. Highly recommended.