“Very basic, but adequate”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bremen
Tupelo, MS
“Very basic, but adequate”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

First of all, let's be clear about what this hotel is.... and isn't. This is a very basic but clean hotel that will do nicely if all you want is a clean place to put your head. It's just good enough to meet Holiday Inn Express standards, but absolutely nothing more. But if you're wanting something above the basics, better to look elsewhere.

Everything about this hotel is cheap, from the bad drywall job with nail heads poking out, to the plain and poorly hung wallpaper (Seriously, what hotel still has wallpaper in the rooms.... everybody uses texture now!), to the cheap case good furniture, to the dinky light bar fixtures from Lowe's.

However, that being said, it's clean and comfortable, service is good, and we had no problems at all during our stay. The staff actually read our special request before we arrived and acknowledged it at check-in - whether they can do it or not, it's nice when they acknowledge it either way. Breakfast is again basic, but everything you expect from Holiday Inn Express is there. And the price point is just about impossible to beat.... this hotel is WAY less expensive than your typical Holiday Inn Express. When was the last time you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or anything similar for $75?

It's certainly not a destination, but we will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank CMLinx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Douglas, GA
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is my first time staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Bremen, as I always stay at the Jameson Inn 15 minutes from here in Carrollton. The quality of the Jameson has gone down and their price has gone up so I went looking for an alternative and I'm glad I found this one. This is a very nice, and pretty new hotel. I'm not sure how new, but it is new enough to be impressive. Rooms are spacious, clean, and have everything you would expect for a hotel in this price range. I have not stayed at another hotel in Bremen, but I can not imagine getting a better room than this in the $70 range. It has a nice pool area the staff is nice. There is quite a few fast few restaurants close to the hotel and if you are looking for nicer places you'll have to drive about 15 minutes to Carrollton. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wofiii
Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This is a gem of a hotel! Located immediately off I-20 just before the Alabama State Line the new Holiday Inn Express is clean, the rooms are comfortable and well appointed. As an added bonus the Inn provides a hot breakfast each morning with eggs, bacon, grits and hot cinnamon buns. The staff are warm and welcoming and very attentive. Great choice of a hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Ga
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My family and I stayed here last year after a visit to John Tanner State park which is AWESOME, we had 10 rooms we didn't get a discount rate we did enjoy our stay. So we decided to stay again this year 2009, I spoke with a manager on July 7, 2009 and got rates for 8 or more rooms, well when I called to reserve the rooms the rate is not the same and I mailed the info and rate to family members when I got the quote on July 7, 2009 and now they want to charge us more,even the online rate is less then the rate they are giving as a group rate. I called so call corparate and they are no help at all, I was told that would have to be settled with the hotel. This is the times we live in everyone wants to get over on you. So if you stay her you better book your room the same day you get the quote and be ready for a VERY VERY RUDE manager if you have any problems.

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank atdd32
Georgia
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Great Hotel. My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites in Bremen in June 2008 for a weekend softball tournament. I was worried at first but was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms, the free breakfast, and friendliness of the staff. The rooms were very nice and VERY clean. Beds were comparible to those at Westin Resorts where room rates are $300 and up per night. The pool was also very clean. Location is nice with a Zaxbys, Walmart, and Dominos very close by....February 2009 brought us back again for weekend basketball tournaments, nothing had changed. Everything was great. Anytime I am anywhere close to Bremen this will definately be the hotel I choose to stay in and definately recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremen
0.2 km away
Hampton Inn Bremen-I-20 (Carrollton Area)
0.6 km away
14.2 km away
Courtyard Carrollton
Courtyard Carrollton
#2 of 9 in Carrollton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!